Chapter 34: What Now?

Dream POV
_____________________________

I turned before I left, "I can't believe I almost lost you again, George."

"Almost.." he whispered.

_____________________________

"George?"

"Hey, beautiful.."

"You're such an idiot. Are you okay? What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't."

"Clearly."

I sighed, resuming my position by his side. I took his hand once again. It was warmer now.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I was just worried. I was so, so worried. Do you need anything? Water?"

"Please."

"Okay, I'll be right back."

"Okay."

"And George?"

"Yes?"

"Don't forget I love you."

"I won't."

"Promise?"

I trailed back to his bed, kneeling down slightly. I rested my elbow on the bed, holding out my pinky. He rolled his eyes, but hooked his pinky on mine.

"Pinky promise."

He smiled. I missed seeing it.

I couldn't help but smile back. I slowly got up and kissed him on the forehead. I looked back at him one last time, then I went to go get him some water.

George's POV

I heard everything.

I'm such an idiot.

What's he talking about? Of course we should stay together. And in terms of telling people, yes. Yes dream we can. I'm ready. I'll take this leap with you.

I can't even process half of what he said. It was all just words, I was barely awake.

Sapnap wandered in. I could tell he'd been crying, I didn't bring it up though.

"Hey George."

"Hey Sapnap."

"I didn't think I'd have to do this for the second time."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"I know it's not your fault George. You need to know that too."

"Wait.. When's your flight leaving?"

"Trying to get rid of me, huh?"

"What? No you know that's not what I meant."

He chuckled, "George I know you were joking chill. I don't know what drugs you're on but they need to chill out on the dosage. As for my flight.."

He checks his watch.

"It was meant to leave 4 hours ago."

"What?? Why are you still here?"

"I made the mistake of leaving you the first time George, I wasn't going to do it again."

Clay walked in with my water and was that.. pizza? I've decided to call him clay as much as possible now. That's his name so I might as well use it.

Calling sapnap nick is a no no though. That's just too far.

I tried to sit up but dre- Clay. Clay stopped me and said, "Don't you dare. You need to rest. The pizza is for us you have to wait another two hours until you can eat."