Chapter 36: Recovery

Dream POV
____________________________

I looked down at George. I would do anything to keep him safe.
____________________________

The four days George had to stay in hospital went by quite quickly. He was given medication, a booklet and extra dressing on his way out. He did argue with me about costs and wanting to pay but I refused.

"Please let me do this for you, George."

"I can't. That's alot of money."

"You dont really have a choice, I paid for everything already."

"Then let me pay you back."

"No.

"Please?"

"Still no."

"Can I at least pay you back half?"

"Fine. Half."

I wanted to pay because I felt like it was my fault. I felt like it would make me feel better. Make me feel less guilty. It would also help George out alot. It was a win win. He physically looked better, and he was much happier. Me and Sapnap were less worried. Things were going well. Things are going well.

George got in the passenger seat of my car, smiling ear to ear.

"I can't wait to sleep in a comfortable bed, oh my god. And Patches! I haven't seen Patches in forever. And I'd really really like some good food."

"Okay okay, we'll get all that sorted George. First, let's get you home." I smiled at him. He was so giddy and it was adorable.

"Home.." he was remembering. I hoped it was the good things.

"And I want a good shower. Please?"

"Yes George. Of course you can have a shower. I'm not going to stop you, if you want a shower then shower. Mi casa es tu casa, baby."

He looked at me confused and I just laughed at him. I meant it.

I turned the engine on and we were off. I was bringing George home. That felt so good to say. Sapnap was at home, currently. He was cleaning as much as possible. We hadn't really cared about the state of the house because we were spending most of our time with George, at the hospital. So it had gotten rather messy. Sapnap had been gone an hour so I'm hoping that's long enough to make it look presentable. Enough to make it feel like home.

George was sat, staring out the window. Every now and then humming along to the radio. It was cute. We weren't in the car long, just over ten minutes. It was a car ride filled with a comfortable, silence and an unspoken excitement. As we were pulling up the driveway, the front door opened and Sapnap stepped out. He opened his arms and George sprinted for a hug. George was home.

He spent the first half an hour touring the house again, saying hi to patches and just generally babbling.

"What's gotten into him?" Sapnap asked me.

"Shh, let him be. He's excited. And it's adorable."

"Okay, okay. I don't know how much longer I can put up with this though."

"Give it another twenty minutes. Then we'll watch a movie or something."

"Sounds good."

I followed George upstairs and he got to our room. His smile only grew wider. He immediately jumped on the bed and motioned for me to join him. I did, obviously, scooping him up and placing him on my lap. He sat, legs either side of me, playing with my hoodie strings.