(8) Pain Without Love

The above video is called Pain by: Three Days Grace. It goes with the chapter if you want to give it a listen. Comment and vote! Thank you all so much for checking my story out thus far! Happy reading. Also, just so you know there is something scandalous that is in this chapter. Nothing too big, but just wanted to warn you in case you don't want to read that. :) <3 <3

Kai

"Get off me!" I scream and try to push him off me, but to no avail. He doesn't budge, instead he just pushes me in one of the private rooms until my butt is planted firmly on one of the stools there.

I try to get up, but he pins both of my hands in one of his. I glare at him. "What are you doing? You just stopped me from making money!" I spit out, frustrated and angry.

He just stares me down. His green eyes to my brown ones. I wasn't going to fold. He had no right! I was making money! Feeling more alive than I ever had. What is his problem?

I take a deep breath as I try to calm myself down. "Let me go." I say quietly, pleading with my eyes for him to stop this. To let me make my money so I can pay my bills and make my little girl happy.

"I'll give you one thousand dollars if you stay here with me for the rest of your shift." He says.

I sputter. "What?"

"You heard me." He lets go of my hands when he sees that I'm not going anywhere.

"How can I trust that you have that kind of money? You're a high school student." I say.

"With a very rich daddy and a self-obsessed scheming mom that would do anything to make a buck." He pulls out his wallet from inside his back pocket and sure enough he pulls out ten one hundred dollar bills and holds them up for me to see.

"You just carry that kind of money around you all the time?" I question.

"This is a strip club." He points out, as he puts the money away and back into his pocket having made his point.

"What's the catch?"

"Catch?"

I roll my eyes. "The offer is far too good to not have a catch. So what is it?" I get up from the brown leather stool so that I am face to face with Noah. We are inches apart. I can feel his breath on my face. Minty. Of course. Why would it be nothing less?

He smirks. "Take your heels off." Is all he says.

"Why?"

"I don't like that you're the same height as me and if I'm paying for you, I should get what I want."

"I never said I agreed to our deal." I clarify.

"But you will because it's far too good of an offer to pass up. I mean, you can't tell me that you actually like stripping for those guys."

At first, no, but then I began to enjoy the power I held over them. They loved my body and in that moment I loved flaunting it in their faces. Win-win. "I was starting to." I answer.

His eyes become a deep emerald green. His nostrils flaring. Lips pressed into a thin line. He nods to himself. "Two thousand."

The hell? What is he doing? I don't say anything at first and he grits his teeth.

"Four thousand, but you have to promise to do something for me."

I narrow my eyes. "Why are you doing this?"