(28) Got to Get Away

Kai

My mind is a blank tunnel
As empty as a sinking puddle

My brain all muddled
with this new information
Leaving me with this sensation

Of utter abandonment
Of not knowing why
I didn't spot the evil
Harnessed inside them 
Before this moment

Noah's comment
My lack of acknowledgement

I believe him

Why the hell would he lie
He has no reason 
My sisters committed this treason

And now

My mind is a blank tunnel
As empty as a sinking puddle

My brain all muddled
misshapen
How could this have happened

How did this happen?

I left him after Noah spilled his heart out. Not to say I didn't believe because I did.

There was absolutely nothing I could do or say to make him feel better. To make his pain go away, but suddenly the pain he put me through I understood. I'm not saying it was right, but that I understand why he did what he did. Why he put me through what he did.

He likes me. Probably loved me too, but couldn't admit it to himself, not with how much I resembled what got taken from him.

As soon as I get to Julia's house, I pack a bag of my stuff and grab Royalty and head out the door, but not without a little interference of course.

"What's going on?" Amanda asked.

"Yeah." Kayla asks. "Why do you have your stuff with you?"

"And Royal?" Amanda tries to take Royal from me, but I yank Royal to my side before she can.

"Get the fuck away from her!" I scream.

"What?" Amanda asks, shocked. "What did I do?"

"You know what you did." I walk around them both, to my car. Royal in the booster seat and me in the driver's seat.

"Talk to me." Amanda says.

"We just got you back. We don't want to lose you again." Kayla tells me.

I scoff, sliding my window down so they can hear me clearly. "What, so you can rape me too? Or worse off, Royal?"

And that's when I see it. The evil in their souls. The way both their faces change from innocent and sweet to demonic and cruel.

They never cared about me. There's a reason they're here and whatever it is, it isn't good. So, I drive off with Royal not knowing where I'm driving to. Just knowing I need to get out of this house and to a place where they won't find me or Royal.