(25) Turning Point

It's been a month since the Noah scene and no one seems to have missed him, but Royal who keeps asking me when Noah will come back and I always distract her with candy which shuts her up at least for the time being which I'm grateful to, but I know my daughter and I know that she won't stop asking about Noah until she gets the truth. And once she realizes that she won't be seeing him again there will be hell to pay.

Today is Halloween and that usually isn't really such a big thing for teens except to party and drink excessively, which they do that most weekends anyway. But, apparently, dressing up makes it all the more better.

Every year I take Royal to some thrift store nearby for some clothes we can convert into whatever monster she's feeling and then we always end up spending the money I saved up by going to a thrift store on expensive accessories from her favorite store. Claire's.

But, at least she's happy because that makes me happy. This year, Royal decided she wanted to be a vampire. So, we have the fake teeth that make it so when we talk no one can understand us, blood red lipstick that dribbles from the side of our mouths with fake blood.

For our costume, I found these really cute black jumpsuits that I doused with fake blood and that's about it.

I asked Teagan if he wanted to come, but he said he's working which is fair, but Dani on the other hand says if we wait for her to drop by my apartment at around five she will go trick or treating with us.

And just like that, as I get out of bed my phone goes off with a text from Dani as if I summoned the woman just by thinking about her.

'Morning, loser.'

That makes me smile like a crazy person as I take my phone with me as I walk to the bathroom running right into bare skin. I collide with a naked body on the ground, my phone falling onto the carpet beside me. To my horror, I'm up close and personal with Teagan's baby maker. Or more specifically his lower stomach.

"Why aren't you wearing clothes?" I demand, immediately getting off of Teagan.

Teagan, mortified for good reason, stands still as a statue cupping his junk, his eyes wide. "Usually, I wake up before you do so I don't have to wear a towel." He explains and then he runs into the bathroom. When he comes back, he has a dark green towel wrapped around his torso to my utter relief.

"Don't do that again." I warn him, as I go into the kitchen and pour myself a cup of coffee. "I don't need Royal being disgusted by your little pecker."

Teagan, from within the confines of my room, replies back. "My dick is so great your mom would beg me for it." We have to share a closet space because I don't have enough room for him to have his own closet. Lucky for him, Teagan doesn't know my mom because if he did then he'd realize how wrong he was because even if Julia -- my mom -- did want his dick, she'd never tell him so, let alone beg him for it because Julia never begs for anything. No, she's too important for that. People almost always beg her.

My phone rings and thinking it's Dani I take it. "We're still on for Halloween, right? Royal is super excited to see you and I might be too."

"I didn't know you felt that way." That doesn't sound like Dani's voice, unless her voice suddenly grew two octaves lower which I doubt happened overnight. I don't have to check my phone to see who it is because that voice is the voice of my nightmares and sadly I get subjected to it more often than I'd like it to.

"What do you want Tyrus?" At the name, Teagan comes out of my room at lightning speed only to trip on his pants because he forgot to zip them.

He quickly gets back up and mouthed for me to put him on speaker so I do. I set my phone on the kitchen counter top and waited for his reply.