(10) You Don't Own Me

You don't own me by pale waves. Don't own the song, but it goes well with the chapter. Enjoy! Vote and comment! Happy reading! :) <3 <3

Kai

It's weird seeing Royal be so friendly with Noah when she will barely looks her own father in the eyes nowadays.

"I like him." Royal whispers to me even though Noah can hear her. Just what Noah needs. To feed his ego.

"I like her too." Noah whispers into my ear, loud enough for Royal to hear. She giggles and I shake my head to myself, smiling along.

Before I know it, We are at Royal's day care. I give Royal her backpack and lean down to give her a kiss when we get to the door.

"People might get the wrong idea if you keep kissing her like that." I don't have to look up to know who just said that, but I do anyway.

Miranda Rose. Mother of Grace Rose. If our kids weren't friends...

Both Royal and Grace run up and hug each other. They both start to head off to daycare, but Miranda stops Grace.

"Your backpack!" She says holding up a bright pink backpack. Grace goes to kiss her mother on the mouth, but she stops her and points to her cheek. Grace reluctantly kisses her cheek and then Royal and Grace walk into daycare hand in hand.

"Don't hold her hand, Grace!" Miranda reprimands, but Grace either doesn't hear her or pretends not to as they walk into daycare and get greeted by the workers there.

Samantha Carters greeted the parents outside while another worker had taken care of Royal. "Royal looks very cute this morning." Sam complimented me and I smiled in response. She has brown hair that is cut very close to her ears in a pixie cut, smooth white skin and brown milky warm eyes.

"Grace looked good too." Sam says to Miranda almost as an afterthought. Like she forgot Miranda was there and I have to fight a smile.

"Well, we can't all forfeit our time to make sure our kid looks cute. Some of us aren't in high school anymore and have to work." Miranda snidely remarks. She has blonde hair cut to her shoulders and brown eyes. She acts like a blonde if there ever was such an example of such behaviors.

"Did you need me Ms. Carter? Or can I go?" I ask Sam, not bothering to give Miranda the satisfaction of a reaction. It's not worth it.

"Is that boy going to be a recurring party?" Sam asks me and I'd be offended if it wasn't for her smile.

I look in the back of me to see Noah smirking at me. "If you want me to."

I shrug noncommittally as I look back to Sam. "I don't really know Ms. Carters. Why?"

"Is the father still allowed to pick Royal up? I haven't seen him around here in awhile." Sam says and I shake my head.

"Royal and Tyrus aren't on very good terms right now. It's best if I just pick her up. I doubt he will want to, though. He barely does anything with Royal now." I explain and Sam nods her head in understanding.

"Well, tell me if anything changes." She says and I nod my head.

"Thank you, Ms. Carters." I say as I wave my hand. I start walking back to the school and Noah follows.

"I actually have to go." And just when I start to ask where he's going or how he's going to get there, a shiny motorcycle pulls up to where we are. The front of the daycare building.

A girl -- Marissa -- with eyeliner so thick you can spot it from a mile away, tattoos on her face and shorter hair than Noah winks at us. "What are you doing at daycare? Got a kid I don't know about?" The eccentric girl asked.

"Nope. Kai's kid." Noah explains as he hops onto the motorcycle, wrapping his hands tight around her waist. His lips kiss her tattooed neck. Awesome.

"Oh." She says. "You go to our school, right?" She peers up at me like she just noticed I was there.

"Where are your helmets?" Why did I say that? Oh, God! I just get so flustered.

Marissa looks back at Noah and smirks. "I don't really like to wear a helmet because then I can't do this." And then she kisses him. Her arms wrap around him and she tugs on his hair, making him groan.

She bites her lip before pulling away. They give each other this 'I can't wait to have sex with you' look. All sparkles in their eyes and smirks on their lips.

When Is she going to ride away?

Then she looks back at me and smiles and all I can think is that her teeth are very straight and very white. Noah's aren't. He has slightly crooked teeth. Hardly noticeable unless you pay good attention. Not that I pay attention to that sort of thing. "Sorry I can't take you to school too, but we'll see you there, okay?" And then she revs up her motorcycle and leaves.

"We'll see you there, okay?" I mock in a squeaky tone and then I realize I'm in public. I smile and leave.

Walking thirty minutes when his girlfriend could have just rode over in a car or something and taken me to school.

I am done. I am done playing nice guy. He wants to be the devil's henchmen? Fine, but don't show me little flecks of niceness. Don't toy with me because you don't know what you don't know.

The truth is, you don't own me and you're going to realize that.