surrender II

J.

Sighing deeply as my hands fell down to my sides from resting on the steering wheel, I tried to calm myself.

It's only been three days since I've started working here... since I've started working with her, and it's already taking everything in me to just act right.

Funny how we both ended up here in the main office of this well known company, when it's one of the reasons we broke up.

She's a career woman, obviously living for her dreams and I let her achieve it while I finish my studies in Busan, thinking I can endure a year without her when she was suddenly transfered here, then follow her here in Seoul when I graduate.

I tried to understand how busy she got the first few months, only calling a few times a week and trying to come home to me at least twice a month, until it went downhill and became less frequent so I decided to go to her.

I have only been here once in her place in Seoul, thank God she didn't change her passcode because it's already past 11 and she's still not home.

My eyes darted to the door when I heard it being opened, then I stood up, ready to throw myself in her arms that I so missed when I realized there's already someone in it.

I recognized her to be Cess, the one Lisa mentioned before as her bestfriend here in the city. I've only seen pictures from her online, but she's really pretty up close and from the way I see it... they're really close for Lisa to be carrying her while she's asleep. Probably drunk, because Lisa looked a little flushed from alcohol too.

"Jennie? What are you doing here?" she looks so surprised seeing me, her eyes getting wide when she sensed me staring at the girl in confusion.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking what she's doing here?" I tried, I really tried, but I couldn't hide the pain laced in my voice.

"Wait for me here," she sighs, going straight to her room to bring down her 'friend' in her own fucking bed.

I've always been scared that one day, this will happen. But she'd just always dismiss it saying I have nothing to worry about.

I went back to the couch to pick my bag up and slid it in my shoulder, but felt my hand being tugged until I was spun around to face her.

"Where are you going? Stay the night," she pleads.

I stared at the door of her room, maybe glared at it, "Oh, I don't feel like sleeping in the guest room while there's someone else with you on your bed. Maybe next time?" I asked bitterly, making her frown hard.

"Jennie, that's ridiculous. That meant nothing. I just wanted to lay her somewhere quickly to get back to you as fast as possible-"

"Get back to me as fast as possible like you haven't been ignoring me for a month now?" I laughed with tears building up on my eyes.

"I was busy!" she argued, "And so are you. Weren't you busy with your fucking neighbor that has always been into you which you're being so oblivious about? Harry, is it?"

"Great. Harry, again? Why do you keep making this about me when I kept trying to do everything just to keep this relationship from falling apart?" I was fuming in anger, throwing my hands in the air in frustration, "We're just friends!"

"Like Cess and I, then? I know you hate it when I bring him up, so I tried not to anymore-"

"Come on, how can you bring him up when you stopped trying to talk to me all together?" I argued back.