hvd.

It's Valentine's day.

Usually a day that would turn me sour, bitter or anything that would make me cringe at random stunts couples pull on each other around me.

This year though will be different. I just know.

Today is the day this cute girl from I.T.  will pull the same kind of stunt that I would usually cringe on, but since she's cute I'll be giggling like a teenager when she does it. I even wore a cute yellow dress at work and made extra effort on my make up today, earning teases from my colleagues because it was obvious I dolled up for someone. I just never answered when they asked me who the lucky creature is.

Well, the luckiest creature is Lalisa Manoban because I'll agree to go on a date with her. Maybe give her a kiss or two when she drops me home tonight.

"You're still single, right?" my bestfriend, Jessica, asked me in a judgmental way seeing me for the first time today.

I grinned and walked past her, straight to my cubicle just beside hers. "Maybe later not anymore. I don't know."

My grin turned wider when I saw a bouquet of red roses on my desk.

Only to roll my eyes when I found the name Henny on the card attached to it. He's the guy from Marketing who kept trying to flirt with me since last month when we met in the company canteen. He's cute but nowhere near my nerdy crush's level. My crush who I know for sure have a huge crush on me as well.

"Morning ladies."

Speaking of. My admirer made her presence known. She's probably nervous, so I looked at her over my shoulder slowly and gave her a sweet smile. Like saying you can do it, the hardest part is asking and I'll say yes quickly.

But she wasn't holding a flower, not even a stem. No chocolates, not even a wrapper. She looks breathtaking though in her lovely black Celine cottony sweatshirt and pants. She looks so damn smart in those specs, too.

Well, I suppose I don't really need no flowers or chocolates. Her cute smile will do.

"Hey Lisa, have a hot date for today yet?" Jessica asks her, making me want to glare at her for pressuring my crush.

"Nah, I'd rather just sleep this day off if only it was a holiday and not work day," Lisa grins, dropping the stacks of bond paper I didn't notice she's carrying to the table behind us.

I almost frowned at that but when Lisa looked at my look for today appreciatively, I almost said yes without her even asking me out for a date.

"Yellow looks good on you Jennie," she mutters with a small smile before her eyes fell back to the papers that she started sorting.

Will that be weird? To just blurt out that yes, I indeed like her back? Maybe I can look at that as a confession. Then I can reply with something like you would suit me better than yellow ever did. It would be cringy but she'll get it.

"Well she doesn't have a date either, why don't you two..." Jessica wiggles her brows suggestively. This bitch. She doesn't have to tell us that, we will certainly-

"Really? Well that's a shame, those guys don't know what they're missing out on," Lisa says, as if not believing that I really don't have a date yet.

I froze. She can't be straight, right? She's definitely crushing on me! I always catch her staring, she'd always turn crimson red and then look away. And, and she's extra nicer to me whereas she'd ignore Rosie if she's busy and bicker with Jisoo when she asks for help but not to me! She helps me whenever I need help. We often have team buildings too and on those occasions that we're on a trip, she always bring her camera and I sure as hell noticed I'm her favorite muse! Or was my smile just begging for her attention that she had no choice but to capture it? Was she just not comfortable enough with me, is that why she doesn't ignore me like she does with Rosie or bicker like with Jisoo?