honestly

"Lisa! I prepared a meal to share with you."

The eighteen years old girl sits beside the Thai exchange student happily, unwrapping her lunch box that is covered in a yellow silk fabric.

"Aigoo... your mom must have been tired waking up early to prepare all these?" Lisa says while Jennie puts out all the side dishes first.

The Korean's eyes turned to her sharply. "Yah. I helped her a lot this time so it wasn't too much for her. And I seldom ask her to cook a lot so she's happy to prepare all these."

"Of course. You didn't tell her you're sharing it with someone else-" the Thai was talking too much so Jennie decided to cut her off with a spoonful of rice.

"I'll tell her I shared it with a friend so just eat up!"

-

"Lili! Look, those are so pretty," Jennie points out to the sunflowers they passed by while walking side by side on the sidewalk on their way home. Her smile was wide and her eyes sparkling, "Isn't yellow your favorite color? Want me to get one for you?"

Hands on the two straps of her backpack, Lisa shifted her gaze from the flowers to Jennie and then shook her head. "Leave them. They'll just die if you pluck them."

Although her answer made Jennie frown, the latter just nodded, already used to Lisa's very practical ways.

Even with the lack of romantic bones, she doesn't know why she's just so into Lisa. Apparently, they're a thing now. She knows so because Lisa said she likes her and has never been this close with anyone else before. Jennie herself confessed first about her crush on the Thai and surprisingly, Lisa felt the same.

She was so surprised because she thought the Thai hated her existence. Turns out she's really just distant to everyone.

It's alright, Jennie thought, maybe words of affirmation and acts of service aren't really Lisa's love language.

At least they spend a lot of time together... even when it's Jennie who's always initiating or crawling back to the Thai. It's not physical touch either. Her clinginess is one sided.

The following weekend, the two got Lisa's dorm to themselves since her roommate went to her hometown.

They're laid on Lisa's bed, watching a movie on her laptop. The two characters didn't end up together so Jennie cried a lot.

"It's so fucking sad," Jennie accepts the tissue Lisa handed her.

"And realistic," the foreigner gets up, placing her laptop on the table.

When Jennie's crying subsided, they remained in bed just talking about random things.

"Jisoo broke up with her girlfriend by the way," she mentions her older sister, "The girl is going to Australia to continue her studies. I swear Jisoo's an ass sometimes."

"What's wrong with that?" Lisa asks, puzzled.

"Because she loves this girl but she's the one who broke up with her! I mean... I'd understand if it was Rosé who broke up with her, but she didn't want to. Jisoo on the other hand said she couldn't do LDR. Usually in films, the one leaving is the one initiating the break up because it would be unfair to make the other person wait."