girl crush pt4

There's something wrong after last night.

Lisa wasn't meeting her eyes today. She certainly caught the girl winking at Jisoo and glaring at Rosé once in a while, but she isn't even looking at Jennie.

What the hell.

Fear crept on Jennie's chest. Did she do or say something wrong last night? Did Lisa realize Jennie was infatuated with her and got weirded out?

Well, only one way to find out.

She patiently waited for the sun to set. Endured a long day of practice without Lisa's flirtatious comments, touchy hands and teasing gazes. She realized how exhausting her job would have been if not for Lisa always hyping her up, boosting her confidence and making everything fun despite the stressful demands of their work.

At exactly 12 midnight, all lights inside their dorm was already shut. Each member on their own rooms, surprisingly, even Lisa.

That's when she knew something was definitely wrong, because what happened to their cuddle nights?

It's like Lisa broke a tradition.

20 minutes later, she was already sneaking inside Lisa's room like the Thai would always do, even when Jennie already expected those visits.

With her own pillow, Jennie peaked her head in and saw Lisa shift in her bed, her head directed on the Korean's direction.

"Man, my ninja moves failed me for the first time?" Jennie grins with her own pillow in her arms, closing the door behind her before going in casually.

"You weren't exactly quiet," Lisa scoots to the side, knowing what Jennie was here for.

At least she didn't push Jennie away.

"Can't sleep," Jennie says as she lies beside her in the darkness. It's much darker here than in Jennie's room because the moonlight couldn't pass through the thick curtains of Lisa.

"Me too."

"I was waiting for you in my room," Jennie faced her but with her pillow in between them, her arms still wrapped on it.

It's to protect Lisa from herself to avoid scaring her away. Like last night.

"Mm. It's only right that you make a move too, no?" says Lisa teasingly, as if it wasn't awkward between them the whole day.

It's so much easier to let loose in the darkness, where they couldn't see each other clearly. Because then, Jennie wouldn't be so scared to be seen.

"You're so far away," Jennie whispers. Maybe it was an accident to say it loud enough for Lisa to hear. Or maybe she said it so Lisa could say no, and move closer.

This is what she gets for wanting something more.

"You're the one who put the pillow between us, Unnie."

That's true.

But if it was before, Lisa would have climbed even the highest walls that would separate her from Jennie.

Okay, maybe a bit exaggerated. The point is, Jennie enjoyed the attention from Lisa.

Now all her attention is on Lisa.

"Not just right now," Jennie pointed out. "The whole day. You're so far away."

"Really? I didn't notice."

Jennie huffs, getting rid of the pillow and moves a little closer to Lisa.

In her mind, she says fine. Play dumb. Two can play this game.