moving on from jennie

There's this girl I asked out last week.

Mainly because my friends think it's time I move on from Jennie Kim.

"What's wrong with Miyeon?" Seulgi asks, adjusting the glasses om the bridge of her nose while reading a book about penguins.

"Too unpopular?" Jisoo teases. Though if I'm being honest, it's more of sarcasm. "You're too popular for someone like her now?"

Yep. We're definitely back on this topic.

When Jennie, the cheerleading captain, has shown interest on me it's only natural that people noticed me more.

The problem is my little group is allergic with spotlight. We were honestly content with being a normal group, which changed when I dated Jennie because I started accompanying her on some parties for the popular kids, be with her all the time where eyes are always on her. Of course I needed to make an effort to get to know her friends too.

They were cool. I liked some of them. Not all, but you get the point.

Jennie tried to mix our group of friends for me and I appreciate that, but they're like oil and water. The problem is Jennie's bestfriend Rosé has no filter with her words, something Jisoo hates. Her other close friend Irene is too friendly on Seulgi, which could be a good thing if Seulgi wasn't too overwhelmed with that kind of socializing.

My friends won't say it but it's obvious that they hated my relationship with Jennie. Eventually we stopped forcing our worlds to collide. Jennie's on a whole other level and I'm just... me.

So we hangout with our friends separately and sometimes I join them or she joins us.

Have I mentioned they hated Jennie for her attitude? Sure she's nice, she said she's trying to be nicer for my sake. Still didn't change the fact that she loves judging people.

It gives me a headache but what can I do when at the end of the day, she kisses me so good that I forget the reason why I'm upset? Then she proceeds to say how I influence her to be a better person while nibbling my ear, tells me how lucky she is to have me while she helps me undress—okay. The point is, we've broken up last month and I'm trying to get back my old life.

That includes enduring my friends' harsh comments about my decisions in life.

"Miyeon is nice," I glare at Jisoo, "I just think it's too early to say that I like her."

"'Sup nerds!" Rosé greets us as she passed us by from the bench we're in, her gleeful tone irritating as she swirls before walking away, a huge smile plastered on her face directed to Jisoo.

Following her is Irene who just laughed while shaking her head, giving me a warm smile right after as if they didn't just insult us.

Her friends make fun of us too ever since the break up. Part of the consequences of dating Ms. Popular, I guess...

"How come a brainless girl like Roseanne Park makes fun of us for having brains?" Jisoo asks, her eyes narrowed and drilling holes on the girl's back.

"I knew they only tried to be nice because of Jennie," Seulgi sighs.

"Well, Irene tried. Not sure about that brainless cheerleader."

"So I'm thinking of asking Miyeon to join us for lunch. You guys cool with that?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Well I like her so it's no problem," Seulgi says, going back to her book.

"Me too," Jisoo taps my shoulder, smiling in approval. "She's sweet and nice."

Jennie was sweet to me and nice too.

Speaking of, she's on my first class so I prepared myself to see her again.