come back home

"How was school, honey?" Jennie asks the younger version of her, dressed in a black coat with a pink bonnet hat for the winter.

"It was fun mommy," the five year old Wonyoung smiles terribly, it was hard for Jennie not to notice the less cheerful energy of her daughter.

"Really? How was your friend's birthday? Yuna, is it?" Jennie tries to dig some more as she drives. Wonyoung is secured in the front seat with her bag on her lap.

"It was fun, her parents came to school and gave us all party hats while we ate candies and spaghettis and burgers," she talks animatedly, soliciting a smile from her mother whose tiring day from work became much tolerable the moment she saw her daughter.

"Really? Where's your hat then?"

"In my bag," Wonyoung replies quietly.

Jennie glances at her curiously, "You don't like it?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because this is cooler," the kid points at her pink bonnet that her other mom gifted her.

"Right," Jennie forces a chuckle as she swerves right carefully. She makes sure to be extra careful driving when Wonyoung is with her. "Are her parents nice?"

"Yeah, her dad is cool."

Jennie nods. When they got home and she unfastened her baby's seatbelt, she smiles at how adorable Wonyoung looked. She runs her hands on her daughter's bonnet, to her cheeks.

"Mommy wants to know something," Jennie states, looking her in the eyes with a forced smile, "Do you sometimes wish you have a dad too like your classmates?"

"Nope," Wonyoung quickly shakes her head with a cute disgusted face, "Lili is much cooler than Yuna's dad."

"Mimi," Jennie corrects her. It was what Wonyoung used to call (and Jennie insists to call) her other mom, Lisa. Like a combination of mommy and Lili.

"Lili approves it though," Wonyoung pouts, her feet dangling back and forth.

"You and your Mama, all you guys know are cool things huh?" Jennie sighs as she picks up her giggling daughter in her arms and made her way inside the house.

"Yeah! We're cool, Lili and me!" Wonyoung grins. It scares Jennie how her mini version is resembling her naughty other mother more these days.

"And mommy isn't?" Jennie raises a brow, making Wonyoung scratch her head.

"Uhh..." she thinks deeply, as if she's in big trouble. "'Course you are, mommy."

Jennie laughs and places down Wonyoung on the floor, "Okay, let's eat first. Then you go take a shower, alright?"

"Okay!" the little girl runs excitedly to the kitchen.

Jennie just smiles, placing her keys on the table before following her daughter when she heard her scream-in excitement.

"Lili!" she hears Wonyoung giggle. Or maybe it's her mama. She's not really sure since Lisa giggles a lot and unsurprisingly, their daughter too.

When she walked in the kitchen doorway, Lisa was actually there with their daughter up in her arms, the latter clinging to her like a gum, pressing their cheeks together. "Lili you're home!" Wonyoung pulls slightly to look at her in awe.

Their daughter loves Lisa so much and seeing that brings a small smile to Jennie's face.

Lisa looks at her, her wide brown eyes bright and loving, "I missed you little mandu."