(T) birthday wish pt2

"Any chance you'll change your mind?" she asks, clinging to my waist while pouting.

I took a deep breath, shaking my head. "No fair, love. Kahinaan ko 'yan, e."

She jutted her bottom lip out even more.

Tumawa ako at hinalikan siya sa labi, holding her face gently when I pulled back para titigan siyang mabuti. "It will be just a month, then I'll come back in one piece."

"Kanino uuwi?" tanong niya.

Pressing our foreheads together, I grinned in content. "Sa'yo."

-

The moment I stepped foot in my old condo unit in Manila, I was glad my mom insisted on cleaning it up for me. I fell fast asleep on my bed which I haven't even laid on for almost two years now.

Kinabukasan, nagising ako sa alarm ko. 6AM. I didn't bother cooking breakfast despite knowing my mom filled my kitchen cabinet and fridge with food stocks.

I wanted to be early on my first day back at our main office in Manila. Wala akong sinabihan na babalik ako today, not even Rosé. I kinda wanted to surprise them.

And that, she was. I'm friends with her secretary who let me come in without announcing my arrival. When I entered her office, she was there with Jisoo having coffee together.

She even spit out her coffee back on the cup when she saw me.

"Babe what the hell-" Jisoo stopped mid sentence when she saw me, her eyes wide. "Putangina?"

"Lisa! Oh my god!" My bestfriend gasps, standing up and clashing her body onto mine for a bone-crashing hug.

"Okay, okay, I missed you too!" natatawang sabi ko habang yakap-yakap niya ako nang mahigpit.

When she pulled away, her eyes were already red with unshed tears.

"Fuck you it's been years and you decide to show up without notice?" she started sobbing while banging my chest.

I started to panic. "H-Hey, I'm sorry okay?"

"Sorry-sorry, halika nga ditong gago ka," sambit ni Jisoo habang lumalapit sabay hila sa akin para yakapin ako nang mas mahigpit.

I really didn't expect our reunion to be an emotional one. Kasalanan ko naman. I tried so hard to cut them off while I built my life in Cebu. It was sudden when I chose to stay in Cebu for good and didn't even give them a proper goodbye.

"God I hate you for ruining my make-up, we have a meeting in 10 minutes tapos- wait, are you the reason..."

"Of the meeting? Yeah," I smiled, leaning against the door frame, "They asked me to help on this project for a month, the one Jisoo's assigned on."

"You probably mean the project I passed on to Jennie?" she states seriously, the smile on my face fading as I stood properly.

Then she starts laughing. "Gotcha. You should've seen your face, takot na takot."

Rosé too was trying to hide her amusement and excused herself to retouch her make up but not before telling me not to go anywhere with a deadly glare.

"She's probably off to give Jennie a heads-up din. They've grown a lot closer you know?" kwento ni Jisoo habang naglalakad kami papunta sa meeting room.