(T) birthday wish pt3

I kept my woman happy her whole stay.

"Ikaw lang," I told her as I reassured her again.

I also told her she's the prettiest woman in my eyes when she said Jennie's pretty pala in person.

She'll stay until my project finishes para sabay na kaming babalik ng Cebu.

"Love, if Jennie asked you to come back to her-"

"I won't," I simply answered while working on my papers.

Ngumiti siya at niyakap ako mula sa likod, smoothing her hands on my shoulder.

I took off my reading glasses and kissed her forearm. "Stop asking me about her na kasi. Alam mo naman isasagot ko."

"I'm sorry, she just looks so perfect," she sighs, resting her chin on the crook of my neck.

I was about to tell her how far more perfect she is nang may kumatok sa pinto. Mina pulled away as we both looked at it.

"Hey," Jisoo peeks, smiling sheepishly, "Sorry to disturb you guys, may pizza sa labas padala ni Mr. Sy. Good mood ata si sir."

I grinned, "That's because of the monthly performance. Tara."

Mina held my arm, "I'll just stay here, okay? Nakakahiya, hindi naman ako employee."

"Non sense, kilala ka na naman namin dito," Jisoo tells her with a kind smile.

"Oo nga naman. Let's go, it's okay," I kissed her cheek and held her hand.

As we got out, everyone's so energetic habang may mga malalaking box ng pizza sa malaking table na pinagdikit dikit nila.

"Oh my God I love my job," Rosé laughs while taking a bite of a huge slice of pizza.

Then I saw Jennie beside her, sitting on a cubicle table nearby.

"I don't think I can eat dinner after this, busog na busog ako," sabi ni Jennie sa kanya, her back on us.

I lead Mina to the other side so she won't be uncomfortable around Jennie.

"Which one do you like?" pag-aasikaso ko sa kanya, trying to keep her attention away from anyone else.

Jisoo gave me a conflicted smile from the other side of the room. I smiled back and maintained that smile for Jennie whose eyes met mine accidentally when she looked over her shoulder. Then I simply shifted back my gaze to my girlfriend.

-

"Lisa tama na 'yan," awat sa akin ni Jisoo just as I was about to drink another shot of whiskey.

I dodged my hand, raising it away from her. Tiningnan ko lang siya nang masama kaya nang huminga siya nang malalim at lumayo, I continued drinking.

But that motherfucker took the bottle away.

"Just let me drink dammit!"

Hindi na ako tumayo dahil sa hilo, but I can still manage to glare. Kahit dumodoble na siya sa paningin ko.

Tanginang alak 'to hindi maalis-alis 'yung sakit.

"Ano ba? Ilang araw ka nang ganyan!"

Tears pooled my eyes. I frustratedly ran my hands on my face, trying to get rid of the tears.

"Mahal mo ba?" seryosong tanong niya nang maupo ulit sa tabi ko.

Tumango ako. "Sobra."