lisa's typa girl pt2

My heart was beating out of my chest.

Jennie's watching me intently as I cut the vegetables with precision and speed that I mastered months ago thanks to my ex, who is a culinary student. Not even Jisoo knew of my newly acquired skills. Heck, even I didn't know it would be possible for me to be in the kitchen without burning the whole place.

Look, I'm not even trying to show off. I'm just trying not to look like a fool in front of her and I don't even know why it's making me nervous. It's not like I'm Jennie's culinary student!

"Did you take cooking lessons?" she asks curiously, her elbows resting on the counter top behind me.

I roasted the veggies with some oil and seasonings then turned to her, gesturing to the stirloin steak I marinated earlier which she gave me.

"Thanks," I turned my back on her again, "Nope. Just learned from a friend a few months back."

"Is your friend a chef?"

"She's a culinary student," I replied.

"Let me guess. You wanted to impress her so you learned how to cook," she says in a teasing manner.

From the corner of my eyes, I can see her smirking.

"Maybe," I covered the pan then turned to her, "Or maybe I'm trying to impress someone by applying what I learned from my ex, too."

"Just impress?" she raised a brow.

"Alright, maybe I'm trying to get into your pants too."

Something about Jennie is making me bolder. I like this new dynamic between us.

I've always like Jennie, ever since we were kids and I didn't even know what being gay meant. But despite being almost a childhood friend, she's always felt unreachable to me. Maybe because Jisoo and I doesn't really get along and she was always on her side.

Maybe because she's older than me and she's been in college for two years now while I'm stuck in high school.

Or maybe because I didn't think she's into girls too. She had boyfriends and lots of suitors. She's... Jennie. Someone out of my league.

Someone who kissed me and told me to forget about it.

It somewhat made me anxious when we slept together, so even when I knew she was just on the other room when I woke up after that night, I still snuck out to avoid her, afraid she'd ask me to forget about it too.

But she was the one who brought it up and dinner plans, so here I am now under her impressed (with a slight hint of lustfulness) gaze.

"I think it's working," she winks, taking away the plate that I just placed my specialty on to bring to the table.

I bit my lip, looked around to divert ny attention elsewhere and brought two wine glasses with me.

Dinner is already set up.

"How's school?" she starts a conversation as we ate, completely ignoring the sexual tension we had established a while ago. Her expression completely changed after her first taste. "This is great, Lisa! Seriously."

I smiled, somewhat relieved that she liked my cooking. "Thanks. And school is fine. I'm still unsure what to take for college though, and which school."

"Jisoo told me you already passed our university's assessment," she nods, looking impressed once again, "Should I expect to see you more often next term?"

That would be nice. High school sucked ever since she graduated because I no longer see her almost everyday.

"You know you can always just see Jisoo as an excuse if you wanted to see me more often, right?" I smirked.