𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 » 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭 & 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟-𝐢𝐬𝐡
𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬3 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬!!

---

m: "it's not my fault you don't like girls!" slips out of michael's mouth.

will can't speak, he just stands there. trying not to embrace the fact he's right. mike instantly realizes what he just said, and quickly tries his best to cover it up. he fucked up, bad. he didn't mean what he said.

m: "look, im not trying to be a jerk. okay? it's just, we're not kids anymore. did you really think we were never get girlfriends? that we were just gonna sit in my basement all day and play games for the rest of our lifes?"

w: "yeah, i guess i did. i really did."

he picks up his bike and gets onto it. it may be pouring with rain, but that doesn't matter.

will doesn't want a girlfriend. he wants mike, not some random boy in his school. micheal wheeler, his first friend. what mike said was true, we weren't kids anymore. will knew that, and all he wanted was to be happy with mike in his basement for the rest of his life.

will gets home, his mum is still working and johnathan probably out with nancy. he collapses on the floor, tears streaming down his rosey cheeks.

---

m: "lucas!! we need to find will!" lucas heard the whole conversation. to be honest, he was mad at mike for what he said. it was a dick move. but that didn't matter right now, all that mattered was that will was okay.

they both got their jackets on and headed up stairs swiftly. the weather was only getting worse, but it didn't stop them. they got on their bikes, put their hoods up, and biked of into the storm. after a few minutes of biking, they finally made it to the byers house. mike and lucas stood at the door.

m: "will look i'm sorry man, i was being a total asshole. can you please open up and we can talk?" no reply. will was still curled up in a ball on the floor on the other side of the door. he was shocked that mike cared about him enough to bike to his house in a storm, but mike was still the last person he wanted to see right now. i mean, how low do you have to go? mike placed the side of his head into the door, trying to hear something, anything from inside.

l: "i'm gonna check the woods."

m: "good idea, i'll stay here." mike replied, giving lucas a small nod. lucas ran into the woods instantly.

mike placed the side of his head against the door again, and heard the sound of sobbing. his heart broke a little. it was eating at mike, the fact that he's the reason for this big fucking mess.

m: "will. i know you're in there. i know you can hear me. please can we talk." he placed his forehead on the door.

will groaned and wiped his tears.

he decided to let him talk. mike sounded genuinely sorry and hurt, he wasn't faking it. he opened the door and stood at the top of his doorstep. as soon as he saw mike's face, all the anger built up inside him was let free.

w: "mike, do you wanna know the reason i don't give a shit about girls?! yeah?! well it's because i've been in love with a BOY for 11 fucking years of my life! since the day i met him on the swings. since the day he held my hand and comforted me. since the day he walked up to me in that damn park, and asked to be my friend. im in love with him. not julia, that random fucking girl i danced with at the snowball. you know, i only fucking did that so i could take my eyes of YOU."

he stood there for a moment and looked into mike's eyes but instantly sat back down and sobbed again.

mike was frozen. he couldn't do a thing except stare at will, his best friend, in a complete and utter mess. everything was still being processed. he stood there in shock and tried to embrace what he had just been told.

w: "i'm sorry, i shouldn't have shouted like that. but i can't fucking believe it has taken you 11 years to finally figure out i love with you, mike. and you couldn't even figure it out yourself. idiot. stupid fucking idiot." will rambled on.

mike really was a stupid idiot. a few seconds later, will lifted his head from his hands, stood and wiped his tears. he looked at mike wheeler in his beautiful chocolate brown eyes. he couldn't smile, it was impossible.

mike had always felt a part of him was missing, and he had finally figured out what it was. will byers was the missing piece of his puzzle. mike grabbed will and cradled him in his arms, they both desperately needed this hug.

just as lucas came running round the corner, mike kissed will on the head gently. and lucas saw.

l: "oh my god, wait a minute, did mike finally wake the fuck up??"

will chuckled at lucas, while mike flipped him the bird. one of his arms was still firmly wrapped around will, holding him tightly.

lucas just walked away backwards.

-𝐞.𝐬