𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨 » 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐥, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐥

- 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟 -
𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬4/5 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 !

---

will and mike were sat on the couch in murray bauman's living room, if you could even call it that. currently, the whole party + the adults were all crammed in murray's house. ridiculous, i know, but they decided it was best to stay together at all times. especially after this vecna creature pariah. and they decided that getting away from hawkins was a great way to do so.

it was around 9pm, everyone was scattered all over the house doing god knows what to keep themselves entertained.

the two boys were watching thundercats, seeing as it was the only decent thing on at the time. they were sat very close to eachother, but neither of them seemed to notice exactly how close.

murray was sat on a chair beside the tv, staring at both of them. he could sense a form of tension, something was very unsolved.

m: "alright, what's going on here? lovers quarrel?? love triangle??" murray questioned, grasping will & mike's attention instantly. they turned to look at eachother, wildly confused with eyes wide, and then looked back at murray.

m: "what?? no." mike yelled.

w: "yea- we're just friends."

m: "ive heard a lot shit today but that, that is the first lie!!" he leaned forward in his seat, vodka in hand.

murray points at will.

m: "trust issues, am i right? something to do with your dad?" he says, reading will like an open book. will just sits there, unable to speak or move. how did he know?

m: "you," he points to mike. "you're harder to read." he takes a pause. "probably, like a lot of people, you're afraid of what would happen if you accepted yourself for who you really are, and retreated.. back to the safety of.. name?.. name!"

w: "el."

mike turns to will, confused and flustered.

m: "el!! we like el."

m: "yes!!"

m: "but we dont love.. el."

m: "what..? no- we- we do!! we do!!"

m: "then tell me micheal, tell me how much you love her."

mike just sits there in silence, head hung low, drowning in an ocean of guilt.

m: "i rest my case." he leans back in his chair and smiles, but remembers he still hasn't gotten to the bottom of it. "but tell me micheal, why don't we love el?"

mike turns to look at will, but looks back at the floor swiftly. he doesn't want to answer that.

m: "okay fine, we shall move on." he turns to look at will this time and locks eyes with him.

m: "now you, oh you. sweet little will byers." will sits still, terrified. though he doesn't have the guts to speak.

m: "tell me will, have you ever.. liked anybody?" murray ponders, leaning forward in his chair once again.