𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 » 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

(just a quick disclaimer that i wrote this one shot way before s4, therefore we didn't know where the byers actually moved. it would not take a few hours drive, i just assumed at the time they didn't move that far away and it was short enough to drive. sorry for any confusion!!)

-𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟-
𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬4 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬!!

---

will was pacing around his bedroom at his new house, trying to calm himself down. he was going to see mike tomorrow, tomorrow! he couldn't stop smiling, or looking in the mirror to see if a random spot had appeared or if his hair was doing something weird.

a few weeks ago, will heard el and mike on the phone. they were arguing, a lot. one day they were screaming at each other and not long after, el screamed into the phone, very very loudly:

"

I DUMP YOUR ASS, AGAIN!" i couldn't hear anything on the other end. who knows what mike thought of that. one thing was sure, it was gonna be INSANELY awkward the whole time. hopefully they didn't start fighting like wild animals.

j: "will, there's been change of plans honey!!" his mother shouts from the kitchen downstairs. will went to stand in the doorway. "we're leaving right now, i packed the rest of your stuff." will's eyes widened in shock.

w: "fuck- what? are you serious?"

there was no reply. he rolled his eyes.

"coming!"

will bolted down the stairs. he saw eleven standing at the door with her red jacket max bought her. she looked really happy, did her and mike become friends? will smiled at her and spotted joyce shoving his suitcase into the back of the car.

j: "alright guys, let's go!" will ran out the door, they would probably make it back to hawkins in 3-4 hours.

will couldn't stop smiling until he finally fell asleep.

---

j: "wake up you two, we're here!"

𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯:

i opened my eyes, still tired. very tired. i saw the hawkins sign as we drove by, just that sign woke me up in an instant. we were so close. i leaned over the front seat and saw our old house and a tall figure, standing at the door. he ran behind the house, with an expression of fear on his face. i couldn't tell if it was dustin or mike, we were too far away.

---

the byers pulled into their driveway, and quickly got out the car. they all went inside and felt quite emotional. this is where it all started. will walked to his bedroom, his empty, dusty bedroom. wow, it really had been that long. el was busy talking to joyce and asking her questions about the house. after standing in his bedroom for awhile, will finally remembered the tall figure he saw while turning to the house.

he ran out of his bedroom and out to the back garden. there was nothing. will gulped, and thought to check the shed. he hadn't been in there since.. you know. he walked towards it slowly and cautiously. he opened the door after picking up a big stick of the ground, and held it out. just in case.

his eyes widened when he saw michael wheeler standing in the middle of the shed. not to mention, he was there with a big bouquet of beautiful flowers. it was very peculiar.

w: "mike!" he instantly threw himself into mike's arms and snuggled into him. he could smell his aftershave strongly and clearly. mike quickly hugged back and put his chin on will's head.

w: "i missed you.." will admitted, looking up at him.

m: "i missed you too." mike replied, he smiled lovingly at will.

but as soon as will noticed the flowers in his hand again, his heart shattered into a million pieces. el clearly looked happy because they were back together. it all made sense now.

w: "i'm guessing those flowers are for el, i'll go get her for you." will mumbled, sighing and shooting mike a small, fake smile.

just as he was walking out of the shed, he felt a tight grip on his wrist. will turned around and saw mike shaking his head.

w: "so who are they for? my mom?" will furrowed his eyebrows, confused. mike laughed at his stupidity.

m: "they're for you, idiot." mike said, still laughing. will couldn't stop a smile growing on his face. mike had bought flowers for him, but why?

"what? why?"

m: "because i don't love el, or anyone else in the world. i love you, will Byers. you." mike admitted, looking will right in the eyes lovingly. the young boy was frozen in shock. michael wheeler, THE micheal wheeler, was in love with him. mike stared into will's emerald eyes longer, waiting for him to say something. he couldn't.

will couldn't talk, but he could most definitely do something else. kiss him. will walked up to the taller boy, propped himself up on his tippy toes, grabbed mike's face gently and just fucking kissed him. mike quickly noticed what was actually going on, grabbed will's waist and kissed him back.

dreams do come true after all.

-𝐞.𝐬