𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨 » 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

this will cheer you up for the next one..

---

-𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟-

𝐜𝐡𝐬𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩

---

new year's eve always felt like it came by extremely fast every year for the party, but this year, for mike anyway, it was going incredibly slow. usually, on new year's, the whole party would dress up and host their own gathering or house party, and would stay up all night getting drunk with eachother. they all somehow never got tired the whole night. this year, there's been a slight change of plans.

a drastic change of plans, actually.

mike & will have been together since the first year of high school, and have loved eachother deeply ever since. the two would always make silly jokes about being married, buying a house together, etc. but now that dream may or may not become a reality.

this new years eve, mike was planning to purpose. he had already bought a ring for his love, and not even his horrid nerves would keep him from backing out. ever since he layed eyes on the boy after the summer, mike knew that will was the boy he was going to marry. the way they felt about eachother was magical, something you'd see in a fairy tale.

this year, the whole party was going to be at max's house. usually they would hold it at mike's house, though his parents were having dinner with the neighbors. mike's parents didn't know about him proposing, which is unusual. this is due to the outrunning homophobia that his dad holds towards his relationship with will. a few years into the relationship he seemed to brush it off slightly though.

- -

m: "hey lover boyyy!! come in! no-ones here yet which is good. will is usually early." max exclaimed, opening the door for mike. he was early for a reason.

m: "okay good, lead the way." mike ordered, showing up with a huge & heavy cardboard box.

max led him to the secret room, where mike would propose. they would have the main party in the living room, and then mike would lead will to the room during the night. the rest of the party would slowly follow behind.

m: "perfect. let's get setting up, shall we?" mike asked, smiling at the room. it was perfect, pale white walls and a crystal chandelier.

- -

m: "god, that was tiring." max breathed out, lying out of breath on the couch. it took an hour to set up all of the decorations.

m: "we need to go get ready for the rest of them, cmon." mike said, standing up with a sigh. he pulled max up of the couch, and they went upstairs to get changed into their party clothes.

- -

after about 30 minutes, the majority of the party arrived at max's door. will was the only one missing, though. mike was ranting to dustin about how nervous he was in the kitchen, while max, el & lucas were talking in the living room, near the door. they couldn't get the real party started yet, not without will.

a knocking erupted at the door, will had arrived. max quickly walked over towards the door, mike appearing from behind the corner to see his soon to be fiance.