𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 » 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

-𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩-

-𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐧 2021-

𝐓𝐖: 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐬, 𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐚𝐡𝐨𝐥, 𝐬𝐞𝐱 & 𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠
⚠︎ 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐱 !! ⚠︎
𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.

---

parties. the thing will has dreaded ever since he first stepped foot into hawkins high. the horrid smell of cigarettes in the atmosphere, his peers getting drunk, pouring toxic acid down their throats carelessly, letting it spill down they're chin. people making out in spare bedrooms, or having sex. god, it's tragic. even worse when you get dragged too one by your best friend.

will is a 'nerd', you could say. his only friends are dustin and max, who aren't even very close with him. he walks the school halls with his hood up every day, not wanting any attention from anyone around him.

usually, will would hate the thought of people talking to him. but there's this one boy, just one.

mike, micheal wheeler. the most popular, cool, boy in the school. he struts the school, girls tied by the hip walking by his side every minute. i mean, why wouldn't they? he's tall, muscular, attractive, and.. dreamy. his eyes glow a dark brown, and his dark, black curls move as he struts. every move, will watches.

will is his secret admirer from across the cafateria, or classroom. occasionally, mike would catch his glance and shoot him a small, faint smile. just to let will know he was aware of his presence. everytime mike did this, it left will in a mess. his head would instantly drop back down to his work, where no-one could see him.

to make things ten times better, mike was at this very party tonight. his good friend james had invited everyone in the school who wanted to come, and of course will was dragged into it.

- - -

-wills pov-

- - -

fuck me. god, why'd i agree to this?? why was dustin so good at convincing?? right now, i was sat on who-ever invited me to this houses' balcony. the humid air, the inaudible sound of talking from the room below, was just pure torture. all i could smell was cigarettes, alcohol and last but not least, drugs. i wanted to leave, but something was pulling me down. down to this sharp, piercing, cold concrete. clueless, i stayed. glued to this filthy floor. for the last 30 minutes, ive been trying to figure out what it was pulling me down like this. not like it's a bad feeling though, it's like something telling me to stay.

i put my head in my knees, sighing heavily as the music changed from one song to another. the sound of shouting and joy, was almost.. peaceful. right now, honestly, i felt okay. i like being alone like this, here with my unwanted thoughts. letting them drift, carelessly.

the sound of a door sliding open caught my attention, but i didn't move one bit too see who it was. they would probably leave, after seeing me anyway.

?: "hey."

i lifted my head, trying to recognise the voice of who was talking. shit.

w: "uh.. hi?" i reply, gulping. the fuck was mike doing out here, with me, will byers??

m: "you seem lonely." he says, moving closer too me.

w: "you aren't wrong."

he slides down next to me, to my surprise. our knees are touching, as he sits in the same position as me.

w: "why the fuck are you here with me out of all people, and not with james.. or lucas?" i ask, turning my head to look at him. god, was he pretty. literally heavenly.

m: "they're not fun. and plus, they're probably doing drugs or something at the moment, knowing them." he replies, scoffing. i chuckle slightly, at his half joke.

w: "i promise you im not more fun."

m: "maybe not, but you're interesting."

this leaves me silent. what does he mean by 'interesting'?? im not interesting, im a nobody. right? had he caught me staring at him at school or something??

i let out a slight scoff. confused. confused as fuck.

he takes a sip of his cola, and i watch every little bit. i watch as his throat moves due to him swallowing. i watch as some of the liquid spills down his chin. i watch as he wipes it away with his sleeve. i watch as he.. turns to look at me. shit.

he laughs a little.

m: "i like you. what's your name?"

w: "will. will byers."

m: "hm. i like that name. will, will." he repeats.

m: "how about we get away from this shit hole, will." he says, turning to look at me straight in the eyes.

i start to smile, knowing that mike, mike wheeler, was asking me to hang out.

- - -

-3rd person-

- - -

they smile at eachother in sync. mike stands up, gesturing a hand for will to take. he takes it, standing up expecting mike to let go. but no, he doesn't. actually, he tightens his grip and begins to walk away, dragging will beside him.

he takes will through the house, and out the front door. for a moment, they just stand there. before mike starts to run, leaving will wide eyed, nearly tripping at the sudden movement.

w: "mike, you fucker!! slow down!!"

---

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝!!

---

-𝐄.𝐒