𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 » 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

-𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟-
𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬4 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 !

please read a/n at the bottom tysm.
enjoy!

---

mike and el were sitting in hoppers cabin, talking in el's bedroom. will and his mom were also there helping with some things hopper needed done.

m: "thanks for helping will with that painting by the way." mike said, smiling at the girl in front of him.

e: "what painting..?" she questioned, slightly tilting her head.

mike furrowed his eyebrows.
m: "the painting of the party.. fighting the big dragon?"

e: "what..?"

mike leaned back in his seat with a confused look on his face. he thought back to his conversation with will in the van, the way will explained the painting, and how he couldn't look him in the eye while he was talking. it was all falling into place like dominos. his eyes widened as all these new feelings raced in the back of his brain.

m: "i'll be back."

mike stood up and took off faster than the blink of an eye. el watched as he sprinted away, confused.

mike ran all over the place looking for will but he was nowhere to be found. he bursted through the front door and down hopper's stairs,

and there he was.

mike's whole brain spun in circles. everything that had ever happened to him and will came rushing back and he was beginning to see will in a completely different way.

will was kneeling beside a tall tree outside hopper's house by himself. he was unwrapping barbed wire from around the mossy stump. his face was glowing in the sunlight and mike stared at him in awe, wondering why he was starting to think of will in this 'weird' way. he pulled himself back into real life and gulped nervously.

m: "will!" he yelled, grabbing will's attention. will looked over at mike and smiled gently.

w: "yeah?"

mike licked his lips and looked down at the floor nervously. he was still utterly shocked by everything he'd figured out all in the past 5 minutes. everything was starting to click into place all at once.

m: "the painting.. that you showed me in the van. you said el commissioned it.. right?" mike questioned, taking a small step closer to the boy in front.

w: "mhm. she did. why? is there something wrong with it? do you not like it?" will pondered, worrying that there was some kind of problem.

m: "no- god no. i love that painting. its just.. el told me she had no idea the painting even existed."

will's mouth fell slightly agape and worry filled up in his soul like water filling a glass.
he turned away to face the tree, trying his best to act confused.

m: "will. look at me."
he walked closer.

will turned around, his cheeks red and flushed. he gulped as he locked eyes with mike.