eight ; Draco Malfoy

When I was a kid, I vaguely remember what my Mama said, "Marry a rich man."

Surely enough, I didn't understand what she meant since I was merely 8 years old that time. What child would even understand that? For all I know, I just wanted to play dolls and crush on boys. But as I grew older, I realize what she meant. That doesn't mean that I'll follow what she said.

Though, that never really worked out. You see, I'm going to have an arranged marriage with someone whom I don't even know of; a total complete stranger.

As a pureblood, it is very common to have an arranged marriage with the same status and bloodline of your own. They didn't want the pureblood lines to be tainted with muggle borns, or even half-bloods.

As a pureblood, I have no choice but to oblige my parents. Firstly, I don't want them to be disappointed in me. Secondly, I heard that the husbands in the pureblood line merely notices their wives; which means that I have more time with myself, not ever wanting to deal with my future husband. Lastly, riches.

I don't have to do anything, just sit there and be pretty.

What I've been dreading is making an heir for my husband. I don't mind the process of making it, but having it? Ugh. I can never imagine myself having a pregnant belly.

I paced back in forth in the room, panicking internally as I imagine what will the future hold me. The sound of my heels echoing through the walls of this huge room, as the train of my wedding gown sweeping over the floor.

I can't marry this stranger. I'm only 21. What if my husband is already at their 40's?

I don't even have an idea what he is like.

My thoughts were interrupted by the knocking on the door. I quickly walked towards it, cursing for almost tripping on my wedding gown. I opened the door, only to be greeted by my parents, who's smiling widely at the sight of me.

"Caliana, my dearest." Mama swooned as she took my hands into hers, "You look so beautiful."

I smiled at her, "You too, mama."

Mama gave me a quick kiss on my cheek, carefully not to ruin my make-up. She flattened out my wedding gown as my father came into my view. His eyes were a bit glossy, indicating that he's trying not to cry.

A few more minutes, then I'll be married to a stranger.

I stood next to my father as we waited for our turn to walk down the aisle. He will be the one who will walk me, seeing as he is already giving his daughter away.

"I don't see the reason why I can't know my husband's name, or even his face." I stated, "What if he's ugly?"

My father chuckled while shaking his head in disapproval, "I assure you love, he's not."

"What if he's already in his 50's?"

"Now, why would I let you marry someone that old? More importantly, as old as me?"

I roll my eyes, "Then why would you let me marry someone who is a complete stranger?"

"He's not a stranger, Lia." My father sighs, "You'll know soon enough."

As if on cue, the door opened. It revealed a wonderful, gorgeous wedding venue. What shocked me is how many people are invited, I don't even know half of them.

A soft, slow music started playing as I took my father's arm as we slowly walked down the aisle. I haven't seen my husband yet, since I have a bad vision. So, I pretended and threw fake smiles at everyone.