~16~

Shawn closed the narrow gap and feathered his lips over Taryn's. Even though his eyes were closed, he could tell she was smiling, which reassured him that she was sure about the decision.

She wound her arms around his neck and pulled him closer, hungry to feel his body against hers. He let out an involuntary groan as their kiss deepened, reveling in the softness of her lips and how she tasted sweet with just a hint of rye. She was lost in the sensuality of his mouth and couldn't help but imagine the other places he could use his long tongue.

He moved his hands from her face and ran them down her back until they came to rest on her hips. There was no hiding his excitement, though he fought the primal instinct to grind it against her. Taryn released his lips from hers, tilted her head back, and took in several deep breaths as she stared into his caramel brown eyes. This left Shawn to wonder if they were done since she'd told him it might be just one kiss. Maybe she realized she'd made a mistake.

"You don't already regret this, do you?" he asked cautiously.

"No. I just needed a little air. That was some kiss." She wasn't exaggerating. Never before had she met a man and known that he'd be an incredible lover, based only off one kiss.

Shawn leaned to the left and looked at the floor. "Your panties didn't drop, but let's chalk that up to me being a little rusty. It's been a long time."

She thought about telling him that if she wasn't wearing jeans, her panties would definitely be in danger of falling to the bar floor. No need to stroke his ego so soon, though. Instead, she grabbed the lapel of his button down shirt and yanked him forward for another kiss.

Taking firm hold of her waist, Shawn lifted Taryn so that she was sitting on the edge of the bar. She now had the height advantage, which he found very arousing. She wrapped her legs around him, aware of how good he felt between her thighs. He moaned into her wet mouth before trailing kisses down her jaw to her neck, where he nipped lightly at the tender skin just below her ear.

"Mmmmm," she murmured as an image of Shawn taking her right there on the bar flickered through her lust-drunk brain. While that would be insanely sexy, the gigantic windows that gave a clear view from the sidewalk of the bar's interior put a damper on that idea. "Shawn, stop...people could see us."

He looked to the side and realized she was right. Most of the lights in the bar were off, but they were probably visible to anyone who peered in. "Shit. I got a little caught up in the moment." He took a couple steps back, hoping his erection wasn't too obvious in his jeans.

"You and me both. We should probably call it a night, or..." she trailed off before chewing her bottom lip seductively.

"Or what?" He really hoped that she was going to suggest taking their party of two somewhere else, like his condo.

"Or we could go get something to eat because I'm starving. Other than a couple pretzels, I haven't eaten since breakfast."

He'd skipped dinner because he'd been so anxious about talking to Taryn, so some food was appealing to him, too. It may not have been what he'd hoped for, but it was an opportunity to spend more time with the lovely redhead. "I know our first trip to that diner didn't end well, but we could give it another shot," he suggested.

She hopped off the counter. "Perfect."

Shawn helped close up the bar before they walked to the diner under Taryn's large umbrella. The restaurant was empty except for the same waitress they'd had the time before.

"What's the soup of the day?" Taryn asked.

"Poutine."

"Poutine soup?" Shawn questioned.