~19~

"Tell me something about Taryn McAllister," Shawn urged as he helped himself to another steamed shrimp and veggie dumpling. They'd picked up a bunch of Chinese food after closing up the bar and were slowly making their way through it since both of them were starving.

"What do you want to know?" she replied.

He knew not to ask anything that might be too personal, but there was one thing he'd wondered about. "You're really close to your mom, but where's your dad? Did your parents get divorced?"

She used her chopsticks to get a piece of crispy shredded beef, which she chewed and swallowed before responding. "He split when I was a kid. Haven't heard from him since."

"Shit. That sucks."

"Not really. He wasn't the greatest dad to begin with, though he was way better than the loser my mom hooked up with later."

"Patricia doesn't seem like the type to have poor judgement," he said.

"It's only men that lacks common sense about."

"Was the loser your stepdad?"

Taryn stood up and carried her plate to the sink. "If I start talking about him, our night will be ruined. Can we please change the subject?"

Shawn knew he'd hit a nerve and immediately regretted his question. He quickly finished the food on his plate and started closing the containers, which he then put in the fridge. "Refill on the wine?"

"Um...no. I can think of better ways to take the edge off. It's been a really long week, so my tension level is a bit high."

He lifted her up so that she was sitting on the counter next to the sink. "I would love to help you relax."

She smiled. "I like the way that sounds."

It had been a really long time since he'd had sex, and he knew their first time together could be a bit quicker than was optimal. He figured that starting with her pleasure was the way to go, and she made it obvious that a good orgasm was what she needed.

"You look so beautiful tonight," he told her before stepping forward so that he was between her legs.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "You've told me that a half dozen times in the last ninety minutes."

"Want me to stop?"

"Never!"

"Good, because I cannot wait to take your clothes off and admire every inch of your body," he whispered in her ear.

Shawn pushed her hair back to gain access to her neck which he'd learned was one of her erogenous zones. As his teeth and lips grazed her tender skin, his large hands caressed her breasts over her sweater, and he was pleased to find her nipples had hardened with excitement. He peppered kisses up her jaw until his mouth found hers. Then he sucked gently on her full bottom lip before kissing her deeply and hungrily.

Taryn traced her fingers down his chest and took the hem of his henley shirt in both hands, pulling it upwards until it came off. His torso was perfection, which she already knew from his modeling days. She was surprised to see a tattoo of a snowflake on his ribcage. Snow...Winter. She wondered if it bothered him that his ex was a permanent fixture on his body.

"Your turn." He carefully removed her sweater and admired her round breasts encased in her lacy peach-colored bra.

Lifting her off the counter, he undid her jeans, and eased them down her legs until she stepped out of them, revealing a matching pair of panties. Holy fuck, she was gorgeous. Her skin was pale and she had several freckles or small moles on her stomach that reminded him of constellations. Her hips were wide but her waist was narrow, and there was a slight swell to her stomach, which he found very sensual. He'd been with plenty of super-thin models and actresses in the past, but he'd always been drawn to women with curves.

"Are you going to take me right here in the kitchen?" she asked after his eyes finished taking in her nearly-naked form.

The thought of bending Taryn over the counter and fucking her from behind made his cock twitch, but that went against his plan of taking care of her first. "Maybe next time. Why don't we go to my bedroom."

He offered her his hand and led her down the short hall to the master suite. Since he was having company, earlier in the day he'd tidied the room, changed his sheets, made the bed, and even cleaned his en suite bathroom. Everything he'd picked up was shoved into the walk-in closet, but it was unlikely she'd look in there.

"This is a very nice," she observed as she looked around.

Since her mom got sick, she'd been sleeping on the pullout sofa in the living room of Patricia's one bedroom apartment. She knew his bed would feel luxurious against her skin, so she didn't hesitate to turn back the duvet and crawl between the high thread-count sheets.

"Make yourself at home," Shawn said with a chuckle.

"Don't mind if I do! I'm seriously considering texting my mom to let her know she was right about you and that I won't be home tonight. God, this bed is nice."

"It's a lot nicer now that you're in it."

"So smooth. Are you going to join me? Or do I get this ginormous bed to myself?" Taryn spread out her arms and legs to take up as much room as possible.

He sat on the edge and she scooted over so that he could lay down next to her. As they began to kiss, both of them used their hands to explore the other's body. Shawn slipped his fingers inside the cup of her bra and massaged her nipple in a way that straddled the line between pain and pleasure and then repeated this action with her other breast. Meanwhile, Taryn stroked the taut muscles of his stomach, tracing her index finger along the trail of hair that led to the waistband of his jeans. She slid her hand inside his pants over his boxers and palmed him until he was dangerously close to coming.

Removing her hand, he gave her a kiss. "I want to take care of you first."

Shawn deftly removed her bra so that her breasts were fully exposed. His long fingers slipped into her panties and went right to her sensitive bud. Utilizing a swirling motion, which he paralleled with his tongue on her breast, he started out slowly. As she started to whimper and writhe, he increased the speed. Her breathing became erratic, and one of her hands clutched his shoulder so tightly that it threatened to leave a mark.

"I'm so close," she gasped as her back arched involuntarily. Moments later she cried out as she reached her peak, which he drew out for as long as possible with his skilled digits.

He gave her a long kiss. "Are you little less tense now?"

"I'm basically a puddle. Or maybe a jellyfish."

"Mission accomplished."

"That sounds like we're done for the night," she teased.

"I'm a man with more than one mission," he said as he undid his jeans and removed them along with his boxers.

He took a condom from his bedside table drawer and held it up to confirm that she was fine with having sex. She nodded as she chewed her bottom lip. He rolled it on and climbed back onto the bed, positioning himself between Taryn's open legs. Leaning forward, he kissed her softly as he eased himself inside her, taking a few moments to appreciate how amazing it felt to be connected to another person like this again. As he started to slowly rock his hips, he fought back the urge to come right away. It wasn't easy, but the feeling passed, and he was able fuck her the way she deserved. He moved in and out of her, going harder and faster because her moans of pleasure told him that she liked that.

Taryn clung to both of Shawn's shoulders. His sweat dripped onto her breasts as his face contorted with pleasure. He was so beautiful, even during such a primal act. She knew he was getting close so she tilted her hips upward to increase the friction. A second orgasm started to build deep in her belly like a ball of fire. As it moved downwards she couldn't help but call out, "Ohhhhhhh Shawwwnnn!"

When his name left her plump lips, he was gone. Groaning loudly, he exploded inside her as euphoria flooded every vein in his body. He could feel her contracting around him which made his own orgasm more intense. When they were both done, he collapsed next to her on the bed and pulled her into his arms.

"So soooo good," she murmured as she buried her head in his chest.