~54~

Shawn woke up and rolled over in bed, fully expecting to see Taryn sleeping peacefully beside him, but she wasn't there. They hadn't returned home until the wee hours of the morning because of Matt's wedding, so he'd assumed they would spend at least half of Sunday lazing in bed. He picked up his phone to see if he overslept, but it was actually earlier than usual. Sitting upright, he cracked his neck and then threw his legs over the side of the bed. He frowned in disappointment at the erection in his boxers, since morning sex usually took care of that problem. He went into the bathroom to pee and brush his teeth before wandering out to the kitchen for some coffee.

"Good morning," Taryn said from her seat at the island. She had her computer in front of her and appeared to be working on something because there was a notepad next to her.

He yawned. "How long have you been up?"

"I had a bad dream around five and couldn't fall back asleep. I decided to get up instead of tossing and turning, because I didn't want to wake you."

He went to the coffee maker and got himself a cup of black coffee, taking it into the living room. "Whatcha been doing for the last couple hours?"

"I decided to put something on Instagram and Facebook about needing a place to live. I can't seem to find anything I like or can afford, but maybe someone I know needs a roommate or knows someone who does. Time is starting to run out."

"You know you're welcome to stay here as long as you need to," he said before taking a sip of his drink.

She gave him a warm smile. "I appreciate that."

She'd given up on the idea that he might suggest she move in. He made repeated offers for her to "stay" with him, but never to live there. They hadn't even been together a year, and he'd been burned badly by Winter, so she told herself not to take it personally.

Taryn closed her computer and sat down next to her boyfriend. She found him irresistibly adorable in the mornings because of his sleep-crinkled eyes and pouffy bed-head. He was shirtless and had on a pair of red and black flannel pajama bottoms. She curled against him and breathed in his sexy smell.

"I didn't like waking up without you next to me," he told her as he wrapped his free arm around her and gently stroked her back.

"We could go back to bed and...maybe I'll fall back asleep after."

He leaned over and set the coffee mug on the table. "I love that idea."

They moved into the bedroom and stood facing each other by his king-sized bed, which was still unmade. He didn't care about that kind of thing, but Taryn did, which meant it was always done by the time she left for work. She reached out and hooked her fingers on the elastic of his waistband, letting her knuckles graze the perfect indentation of his hip flexors. Then she tugged his flannels down to his feet, and he stepped out of them. She was wearing one of his old hoodies, which he quickly removed, exposing her bare breasts. Next he pulled down her leggings, leaving both in only their underwear. His morning wood was back and ready for whatever she had planned. She cupped it with one hand, massaging him gently through his navy blue boxer briefs. He let out a groan before dipping his head down to take one of her nipples in his mouth while his fingers massaged the other.

"Lay down," she directed after several minutes of this, her voice rough. Once he was on his back on the bed, she climbed on top of him and started to rock her hips back and forth, enjoying the friction of his hard dick rubbing her through the two thin layers of fabric.

Shawn loved it when Taryn took control like this. He watched as she moved against him, her lips parted slightly and her eyes dark with pleasure. Normally they were light blue, but they'd change to a blue-gray color when she was aroused or angry. She traced her fingers over his chest, pinching his nipples lightly as she continued to grind on him.