[Forty T.wo]

he fired.

in that same span of time, the opponents icon faded from view. they were eliminated.

they won, the mere ending of the game however made them all simultaneously release the breath they were holding in.

"holy sh-"

"language, hyunjae." changmin mustered out.

they sat frozen in their seats, slowly taking their headsets off. they hadn't realized they were the last team to complete their games.

a bell signified the completion and the announcer returned to the stage when the audience died down a bit.

"wow, wasn't that something?" the words of the announcer barely made it through the team's ears.

all they wanted to do was get off the stage so they could properly take everything in amongst themselves.

the words of the announcer kept coming to them as a blur, until the roar of the audience knocked them back onto their senses.

all the teams were leaving the stage - except for them due to their distractions. they hurriedly bowed towards the audience and tried to join the rest of the contestants.

changmin, however in this joy towards winning with his team, was walking ahead of them- backwards.

"wow! that was exhilarating, don't you guys think? we need to keep this energy for the next- oh" to no one's surprise, and despite being warned a few times by hyunjae, he collided with someone before being able to walk off stage.

"i'm so sorry, are you oka-" his apology was cut short when the guy in front of him harshly shoved him back.

"watch out, dumbass."

he tripped over his own feet in the process, his rear end hitting the floor with a thud. hyunjae rushed to get him back up, but neither of them were able to mutter a single word, poor changmin's eyebrows were furrowed so close together. he feared trying to apologize again.

"hey, hey, hey-" sunwoo reached for the guy as he began to walk away.

he barely touched his shoulder when the other turned with his fist in the air, striking him square in the jaw. ouch.

"woojin!" a girl called out his name, appearing from off stage and attempted to drag him away.

sunwoo tumbled back, but he managed to stay upright. his jaw ached, this wasn't something he was expecting today at all. he wish he could strike back, but it would only worsen things. plus, chanhee might be watching, that wasn't something he'd want him to witness.

juyeon lunged forward, but eric already had a hold on him. their strength differences were obvious, but he only had to hold him until the refs arrived- which felt like an agonizingly long time.

when they did arrive, woojin and the girl had disappeared through the large mass of people. it would prove to be ineffective. there were cameras everywhere, they even wore their team logo on their clothing. they probably ran on instinct but it was almost certain they'd be reprimanded in some way.

they were then given a first aid kit and then escorted to their break room by security, just in case.

-

that was another moment that they needed to take in, so as soon as their room door closed, they burst into laughter.

"what the hell just happened?" hyunjae began, wiping a laughter tear away. "we win against some guy and- and he's actually angry enough to start throw fists!"