[Te.n]

chanhee had quite basically the worst luck ever. he hadn't gotten ready, he was tired, there were probably bread crumbs all over himself, and he was wearing the stupid white sweatshirt he purchased ironically.

sunwoo on the other hand, had the opposite reaction. it was unexpected but he was almost... happy? excited? what are the chances that the guy he was taking an interest in would show up out of no where.

"you- what are you doing here?" that statement rang in chanhee's mind as he sat there frozen.

he laughed, nervously, "ah- my friend is in seongnam for an interview and i'm waiting for him here." what better thing to say but the truth? "i didn't expect to see anyone here- much less you?? aha, what a coincidence." he was dying, someone please help him.

"right? wow, what are the chances." he pulled out the chair beside him and took a seat, pulling his face mask down to his chin. "well- my  friend changmin and i were passing out these flyers, have you taken a look yet?"

"oh! yeah of course." no he hadn't. he looked at it for the first time and quickly read the bigger words. "you're looking for a new team member? i thought you had a complete team already."

"our team leader can't make it to the tournament anymore, we're looking for someone new. you play right?"

"yeah but, casually? i don't think i'd be any good against other really good players. i think you're better off recruiting anyone else in this room." he gestured to the room, even his friend was getting along with the younger guys who seemed excited to get to know them.

"maybe you're the one we need."

how could he say something so casually the first time they meet? chanhee's heart felt like it skipped a beat when he tried to maintain eye contact but was met by sunwoo's piercing gaze.

"maybe... but also maybe not. i say you try to focus on the other kids first." he felt horrible for rejecting such a request, but realistically how would that happen? 

"bad news, sun- oh, hello?" his friend had made his way over to the two of them with news, but stopped with a confused expression on his face. "were you not going to introduce us? is this where you've been the last three minutes? what's the deal?"

sunwoo shoved an elbow into his side, laughing to distract chanhee from the fact that he just committed assault. "this is my friend, changmin. the one i literally mentioned to you a minute ago so he shouldn't assume that i, as his friend, would ever forget about him."

"i'm at your service." the friend stuck his hand out and chanhee hesitantly reached over to shake it. 

"nice to meet you too, i'm chanhee."

"yes! i know, sunwoo has mentioned you." even at this point, they had not stopped shaking hands and honestly sunwoo was tired of it.

he pulled his friend's arm away, as casually and inconspicuously as possible.

"didn't you guys have something to talk about? i don't want to keep you guys." he grew uncomfortable. why hadn't younghoon texted him? how much longer was he going to be?

"oh! no, i just came here to tell sun that literally none of the boys here are able to compete with us. turns out, we caught them ditching class to come here so asking their parents for permission was just not going to happen."

"so what you're telling me is... no one in this room- except for maybe chanhee- is eligible to join our team?"

"pretty much."

sunwoo turned and widened his eyes, eyebrows furrowed and lips pouted. "at least consider it? please? think about it! is it not fate that brought us together on this monday morning?"

sigh, "fine! okay, i'll consider it."

the two friends high-fived each other and for the first time chanhee genuinely smiled in their presence. he rolled his eyes but there was no malice in his actions.

sunwoo would be lying if he said he wasn't surprised when he had his smile in his sight. it kept him there, in the seat beside him. he was trapped.

"are you going to stay here by yourself?" the words came out of sunwoo's mouth before he knew it.

"yeah," chanhee checked his phone quickly. no text, no nothing from younghoon. "i don't know when my friend is coming back, he hasn't contacted me in over twenty minutes."

"come with us! you're not from around here, right? we can keep you company."

hang out with complete strangers from the internet? that went against everything he believed in.

"really? i'll leave a voicenote for my friend then."

"oh- okay! perfect. changmin and i will wait for you outside."

waiting outside, the aforementioned friend hit sunwoo on the back of his head. "what are you doing?"

"ow- hey! what are you talking about."

"you know what... i was going to complain about you bringing him along but honestly i'm not even mad about it. i don't know why i did that. he seems pretty cool."

"are you crazy? that hurt."

changmin shrugged. "are you going to ask him out?"

"????????"

"chanhee. are you going to ask chanhee out? i feel like you won't forgive yourself if this moment passes you by."

"he didn't even look as excited as i was to see him. i doubt today is the day, but we'll see. maybe if i get a sign from the universe, then i'll know."

a man excused himself between them, as they were blocking the entrance to the cafe. but this made sunwoo realize...

"what's taking him so long?"

changmin chuckled, "is this those scenes where the date goes so bad they escape through the back door?"

the redhead didn't laugh. "does that actually happen? does this cafe have a back door? oh my gosh- i- i don't remember."

"woah- sun calm down. i don't think he'd do that it's just a joke." he peeked in through the door, "look he's still in there. he's talking to someone- hey isn't he the guy that just walked in?"

sunwoo shoved him out of the way to get a look for himself. it was the guy!

he was taller than chanhee, handsome too. they also seemed close, sunwoo recognized him from his instagram posts.

"is he dating chanhee?"