[Twenty T.hree]

"i like you."

those were the words chanhee had been needing to hear more than anything. it was a confirmation, finally. sure he had a feeling sunwoo had liked him but the doubt still remained. this was good to hear, he said it in a very odd way but nevertheless it was said.

"okay but... do you like me, or... like me like me?" didn't hurt to clarify.

"you know what, i take it back. all my feelings? gone. they fell into the ocean." sunwoo let go of his hand and stood up off the platform, "i'm going to head back up the cliff and find a good tree to cry under, okay?" he turned on his heel and headed towards the bridge.

"wait," chanhee caught his hand in time and pulled him back, his cheeks hurting from smiling so much at how silly this was, "you're being dramatic. let me speak."

"okay, i'll wait. go ahead, speak." he crossed his arms, pouting at the older.

"i'm gathering my thoughts." he pursed his lips and closed his eyes, breathing to try and stop himself from laughing again. what would he even say? how does one respond to a confession. 

"okay. first of all, kim sunwoo, i never would have thought that commenting things on a random gamer's stream would ever lead to anything like this- so i'm still taking everything in."

sunwoo chuckled, "very interesting way of meeting, i agree."

"yeah, so anyway. second of all, i... like you too. but-"

"but?" sunwoo's smile left just as soon as it came.

"but... maybe not to the extent that you do." chanhee's voice faltered, it hurt to say a little more than he thought it would.

"what do you mean?"

"i need more time, it just happened so fast- and i know i'm not helping by inviting you and your friends on this trip but i thought it would help me get my feelings in order a little bit. and it has! but, i just need a little more time before we... uh, officiate anything."

sunwoo bit his lip, a bit disappointed but he understood. he could come off strongly sometimes and this was one of those instances in which his boldness wasn't greatly appreciate it.

"so you need time?" chanhee nodded at him, "okay! i can wait but... if there's anything that can help speed up the process, i would love for you to tell me."

once again the pink haired man was laughing, happy he was understanding and still the same sunwoo as he had always been. "i mean, if anything that moment in the cable car did... clarify my feelings a little bit. but it won't work again! so don't try it."

"you mean..." sunwoo pecked his lips quickly, not giving him time to react, "that?"

"sunwoo! you're not making this any easier."

"i thought you said it wouldn't work."

"yeah well i lied."

sunwoo gasped, letting his jaw drop. "you lied? i think that warrants some sort of compensation."

"yeah? like what?"

sunwoo leaned in just a little and puckered his lips in an exaggerated manner. 

"as if. c'mon, we're leaving." he stood and dragged sunwoo up with him, "remember i have to take pictures or we'll have to pay all this out of pocket."

"chanheeeeeeeeeee," sunwoo whined, letting himself be taken up the bridge, "this isn't fair."

"your incessant whining is only going to increase the time i need."