[S.ix]

"you seem distracted."

"do i?" he was. sunwoo kept glancing between his gaming screen and the one he kept for comments during his stream.

"yes you're really quiet, what's on your mind?" changmin was really digging into this, and while live! he was bold.

"nothing! i got a comment saying i should read comments more while streaming so i'm trying that out. but if my gameplay worsens let me know."

"stop with the chitchat, this is my last game of the night and i would like to win please." oh yeah, sangyeon was in this call too, and as leader he had every right to boss them around.

"sorry hyung," sunwoo and changmin replied simultaneously, laughing together in the end. eric and hyunjae were also in the call but stayed quiet, much to sangyeon's orders.

he looked at the camera, placed a finger against his lips and winked. just a little spice for the audience, a specific audience to be exact.

however it's been almost an hour of streaming and there wasn't a single english comment from the supposed chanhee. was following him a bad idea?

no comments didn't necessarily mean he wasn't watching though, he just didn't know if commenting something would be better or worse than staying quiet.

when sunwoo winked at the camera, it took every fiber of his being to prevent from typing in something stupid like 'wow, swooning' or 'you made my heart skip a beat.'

should he have? maybe staying quiet confirmed the fact that he was both cha.new and heesoulxx.

whatever, he missed his chance to comment- and that wasn't why he was watching his live anyway. he wanted to make sure sunwoo wasn't occupied by the cameras when he'd put younghoon's plan in action. as far as he could tell, he never checked his phone when he was streaming.

"thank you guys for watching our stream tonight, unfortunately it's sangyeon's bedtime so we're going to end it here." his voice chimed through the screen.

"the disrespect- i have a job that requires me to wake up early!"

"yeah whatever dad. go to sleep old man, this is eric signing off!" before the older could scold him he signed off. smart move.

an obnoxious laugh could be heard next and a voice followed, "all this stress is giving sangyeon gray hair."

"good thing i know a way to destress, right hyunjae?" chanhee's eyes widened, was this not a family safe channel.

"woAh hyung, please remember my streams are family friendly!" that's exactly what chanhee was thinking, great minds think alike.

they laughed and the two signed off without another word, then the last boy spoke up.

"thanK YOU guys for tuning in, this is your boy KYU and it's my CUE to leave. goodbye!" wait he sounded so cute. it was a shame chanhee could only see sunwoo's facecam and none of his friends, it would be interesting to know what his team looked like.

"once again thank you guys for watching! this is woostrike signing off, oh- i restocked our team merch! we'll be competing in a tournament in about a month, it would mean the world if you guys bought our 'TheBoyz' team sweaters to support us! goodbye!"

ding.

it was like an actual lightbulb had gone off in his head and he zoomed to their official merch website. was this stupid? probably. was he going to do it anyway? of course.

boom. the sweater had been ordered. there were only two colors available, and he chose the white one. it just fit his aesthetic more than the black one. he couldn't wait for it to arrive, but for now he had to enact younghoon's plan.

he had taken a few pictures earlier, in different poses and places (he and younghoon had a guys' day in which he helped him find an appropriate outfit for some job interview he'd be going to) so he had a ton of pictures to choose from.

finally, though, he found a good one and posted it.

-

❤️ 💬 ✈️

❤️ 💬 ✈️

28 likes

cha.new comfortable at home now, xX what should i eat for dinner?

-

aaaand, done. he held his breath as he went back to sunwoo's account and his finger hovered over the 'follow back' button. do it, do it, do it.

clenching his eyes shut, he pressed it and threw his phone onto his bed in panic. there was no need for immediate results, he could always check his phone later. maybe tomorrow morning? maybe next week? who knows.

-

cha.new has followed you

it came as a surprise when sunwoo saw the notification amidst the rest of his new followers, but he stood out with his pale skin and pink hair in his profile picture.

he subconsciously went to his profile through the notif and tapped on his most recent photo, then he double tapped and read the caption. 'xX'? it really was him, right? couldn't he just message him and ask? no. this was kind of interesting, and the mystery made it fun.

Comments

sxn.woo doesn't jjajangmyeon sound good right now?

he bit his lip in a deviant smile, it's been a while since he took interest in anyone- especially a guy. he was too busy spending countless hours playing games to really put himself out there, and while all of his friends where somewhere in the lgbtq, he was never attracted to any of them.

this was something new, something fresh. yeah it could have been anyone but it was chanhee, and whether or not something came out of this didn't matter. it was nice to have a distraction from the things he was going through- like how he was no longer splitting rent to his apartment due to his roommate haknyeon moving out recently. he was also sick, so streaming more often wasn't an option yet or he'd risk burning himself out.

he shook himself out of his thoughts and decided to just keep scrolling through chanhee's pictures, he'd figure everything out eventually. right now, he just needed a distraction.