[Forty N.ine]

"so you guys are each getting six million won? after all that?" younghoon asked. he held the still-full glass of soju in one hand, swirling it around. he knew changmin would fill it up as soon as he was done with it, so he stalled a little.

"that doesn't seem that great, does it? it's still a lot more than what we've won in the past. we shouldn't complain." hyunjae replied.

"yeah! plus, now we have the chance to win even more. i think third place for the advanced league gets... 35million won? is that right hyunjae?"

"I'm looking it up." he typed quickly on his phone screen and then showed it to changmin.

"yup! 35million, so even if we don't win first place we still get a good amount!"

younghoon took a sip of the small glass, "wow. that's how you guys make a living? that's pretty cool." the arm that was once around changmin's waist rose to be thrown over his shoulder instead.

"it's not easy. sangyeon and i have had a few arguments about it in the past, especially after moving in together. sometimes i think he lied about his new manager being strict, i think he lost a lot of faith in e-sports being a source of income."

"ah," realized changmin, "that makes a lot of sense. it's a little sad, he used to have so much fun with us in the beginning."

"i have a love-hate relationship with juyeon joining. his enthusiasm reminds me a lot of sangyeon's, i hope he doesn't get burnt out the same way."

younghoon shook his head, "he's a very persistent guy. he streams almost every day for hours, im not too surprised you guys won first place today. i hope he gains a decent following after this."

"i think he already has," changmin had juyeon's twitch and Instagram profiles up on his phone. "i don't think he had this many before, right?"

younghoon leaned in to look at his screen, their cheeks just barely brushing against each other, "yeah, he had barely a thousand followers before." he was nearing almost ten times that. "wait, you follow juyeon? why don't you follow me?"

"i sent you a request like ages ago... you never accepted me."

"what?" he grabbed his own phone to check. sure enough, there were many requests. most of them from strangers (probably found him from either juyeon or chanhee) and Kyu was hidden amongst them. "oh. well, request accepted, and i followed you back."

"it's about time." he muttered as he clicked on the notification and accepted his request. while he was there he scanned his profile quickly. he didn't have any selfies, just pictures of food and landscapes. random things. "you don't have any pictures of yourself?"

"no, why? should i? my account is private anyway."

"i think you should post some," hyunjae answered, "don't you think your followers would want to see you?"

"younghoon only has 11 followers- but seeing as I'm one of them now, yes i would like to see... more... of you."

"is that so? should I post something now, then?" he opened his camera roll and scrolled through the hundreds of selfies he had.

"what! your whole gallery is just you, why haven't you posted any of these?" changmin was in awe. for someone that didn't have any images posted of himself, he sure did take a lot of selfies.

"they're all too good, i can't choose."

"let me help." he held his hand out and younghoon didn't hesitate to give him his unlocked phone. "I'm not going to find anything dirty in here, am i?"

"i make no promises."

"oh, this I have to see." hyunjae stood from his spot and sat on the couch next to changmin to get a better look at the screen.