[Twe.nty]

"okay boys, ready for a few rounds before bed?" sunwoo reached into his suitcase to pull out a laptop sleeve.

"wh- rounds? did you really bring your games with you on a vacation?" chanhee scoffed as he started cleaning up their plates.

"gamers never vacation."

he was met with complete silence and disapproving looks from literally everyone else, eric even threw a balled-up napkin at him.

"just help clean first, okay?" sunwoo rolled his eyes and did as chanhee told him. with everyone else's help they managed to leave the room as spotless as it had been before they arrived.

then, the computers came out. each one of sunwoo's friends, with the exception of haknyeon, had taken out their thick gaming laptops and set them down on the now cleared coffee table in the middle of the living room. sangyeon and sunwoo were the two sentinels sitting together on the long end, across from them was changmin. next to sangyeon was eric and on his opposite end was hyunjae.

chanhee couldn't believe this was happening, but he watched anyway. it was actually fun seeing them play together in the same room, he could tell the game was important to them all and he hopes their hard work pays off at the tournament.

"good job, everyone!" sunwoo announced with their victory. "alright, sangyeon you're out. chanhee take his place, we're testing you out now."

"huh? me? now?" poor chanhee was caught so off guard.

sangyeon stood up from his spot on the floor to give his spot to chanhee. he didn't seem disappointed in his sudden exile as now he could sit behind his boyfriend instead, placing each of his legs to his side and wrapping his arms around him.

"yes, get in!"

reluctantly, he took sangyeon's place. taking a deep breath he chose a character and they started the match.

it was going horribly. their style of playing was completely different, more organized, more like a team. chanhee had to play the sentinel role to replace sangyeon and it was completely out of his comfort zone. trying to shoot the other team while also having to heal his members? it was too much.

he was the first death in nearly every round, which severely compromised the rest of them due to the loss of their healer.

"i am so sorry- i'm not used to this role." he apologized, scratching the back of his neck as he waited for the next round to 'respawn' essentially. 

"don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. switching roles isn't easy, but i could be sentinel next time and you can go back to duelist. maybe that'll make things easier."

"thank you, changmin. being a sentinel is hard, juyeon usually-" he gasped, "juyeon! why haven't you spoken up?? here, take my place quick. hurry hurry."

juyeon had been watching them from the couch when chanhee suddenly pulled him in merely seconds before the next round began.

chanhee had scooted over, accidentally nudging sunwoo in the process as he stay squeezed between the two. "literally can't believe i hadn't thought about this. you're a perfect choice for their new recruitment and you can finally join a team!"

"is that what this is for?" it took him no time at all to get into the zone, already doing way better for the team than chanhee was. "you guys need a member? i thought your team was full."

sangyeon raised his hand, "i won't be able to compete anymore. you would be taking my spot."

"if he passes our initiation." sunwoo added.