Chapter 16

"I guess you had to go early cause of your dad?" Alyssa asks on the phone while I'm doing homework "yeah I missed like 5 calls from him this morning he was pissed and now I'm grounded" I complain "he grounded you? Damn we were gonna go to the beach this weekend" she groans "who says I'm not going to the beach" I say finishing my homework "you just said your dad grounded you?" Alyssa says confused "what daddy doesn't know won't hurt him, I'll just lock my door from the inside and sneak out of my window you'll just have to be waiting with the car to get me" I explain "who are you and what have you done with my best friend" she laughs "just text me the details and when you want me to get you, I gotta go moms back in about 10 minutes and I need to clean" Alyssa says "I will do, I'll FaceTime you later when your with the boys" I say before hanging up.

"Can I not just eat my food in my room? I'm expecting a FaceTime call from Alyssa" I say grabbing my plate of food "no we're gonna sit together like a family" dad says making me roll my eyes "what about Nathan?" I say sitting down at the table "Nathan get down here!" He yells making Nathan come out of his room "I'm busy!" Nathan shouts from the top of the stairs "busy with what? Screwing the junior that cheated on my best friend?" I say "what are you talking about raelynn?" My dad asks "oh he didn't tell you? The girl he keeps bringing home with the dark hair yeah that's Paige she was Seth's girlfriend until he found out she'd been cheating on him with Nathan" I say "Nathan!" My dad yells making me smirk "what dad?" He complains "get down here now and bring the girl"

They walk downstairs together "I'm not staying here with it" I say standing up walking into the kitchen "you really hate me that much?" Paige says following me "hmm let's see you cheated on my best friend with my brother so yeah I guess so" I say rolling my eyes walking past her "Raelynn sit down please" my dad says and I sit down at the table again "so tell me again what's going on" he asks "Paige here was Seth's girlfriend for over a year" I say motioning to Paige "and the day me and Alyssa were going to the football game we caught Paige walking out of Nathan's room without a shirt on and Nathan basically confirmed what we were thinking she was cheating on Seth with Nathan" I explain "is that right?" My dad asks "no dad she's lying" Nathan tells him making me laugh "hold up your really gonna try accuse me of lying?" I say pulling out my phone and calling alyssa "hello?" She answers "hey can you add Seth to the call please I need to prove something" I say putting the call on speaker.

"He's on the call what's up?" "That night we got ready for the football game what happened when we went upstairs?" I ask her "we caught Paige walking out of Nathan's room and then got ready and told Seth in the car on the way to school for the game" she says confused "exactly! And Seth what did you tell me and Alyssa when we told you?" I ask "I told you both how Paige had been making up excuses to not hang out with me and that's when you showed me the photo of her walking out of Nathan's room and I realised she'd been cheating" he explains "thank you! If you both are wondering why I called you well I'm currently sat at my kitchen table with my dad-" "hey papa!" Alyssa cuts me off "as I was saying alyssa, I'm sat with my dad, Nathan and Paige" I say "and I told my dad everything that happened and Nathan tried to deny it and say I was lying" I explain.

"She's still seeing him?!" Alyssa yells "she's god damn lucky I'm fucking pregnant I swear" she fumes making Paige roll her eyes "Paige she may be pregnant and can't do anything but I can so carry on rolling your eyes hunny and I'll throw you outta this house faster than you can call for Nathan" I say glaring at her "dad are you really gonna let her speak to Paige like that?" Nathan complains "Raelynn you're not doing anything, and Nathan you can send Paige home now she's not welcome back in this house anymore" my dad says as Nathan's mouth drops "you can't do that dad she hasn't done anything wrong" Nathan tries to bargain with my dad "done nothing wrong? Nathan you really need your damn head looking at she cheated on my fucking best friend with you!" I yell storming off upstairs.