Chapter 6

We decide to ditch and all pile into Romans car "where to?" Roman asks "we could go to my house? My dads at work and won't be back till late i've just gotta make sure Nathan doesn't realise as he'll snitch on me" I say rolling my eyes "Rae's house it is!" Seth yells making me laugh "you dork" Alyssa laughs as Roman starts driving towards my house. We arrive at my house and head inside "dang this is nice Rae" Seth says "this isn't even the best part" I giggle motioning for them to follow me "you have a movie room?!" Roman says in shock "we also have a pool out back and a gym too" Alyssa says "wait you live here too?" Dean asks making me laugh "it's basically her second home as she's always here and my dad lets her live here whenever she wants" I explain.

We're all hanging out by the pool when I hear the front door open "shit! That's probably Nathan you boys need to hide!" I say whispering yelling "I'll help hide them you stall Nathan" Alyssa says going around the back of the house as I walk inside grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around me faking a cough "why did you leave school early I'm telling dad" Nathan says "I got sent home sick" I say faking more "I don't believe you cause Alyssa wasn't in school either" "you really think I'd ditch school? Im the girl who hands her homework in early" I say rolling me eyes "fine whatever you say but I'm still not buying it" he says going to walk away "here! I made cookies" I say handing him a cookie from the plate on the counter he looks at me confused, I see Alyssa from the corner of my eye giving a thumbs up before moving away "I'm going to my room" he says walking upstairs.

It's the weekend finally! I wake up checking the time on my phone 10am, I notice I have 3 texts from unknown numbers I open the messages and realise it's from the boys I save their numbers before getting out of bed going over to my closet grabbing my sweatpants and oversized hoodie, I quickly throw them on before heading downstairs "good morning Princesa" i smile "good morning papa" I kiss his cheek, opening the refrigerator "I'm making pancakes do you want any papa?" I ask him looking for the milk and eggs "I'm good I just ate but make extra for Nathan" he smiles making me roll my eyes "he can make his own papa" I say mixing the batter.

"Raelynn" my dad says from the living room "yes daddy?" I question walking into the living room as he points at the tv "woman escapes from prison, a woman by the name of Vickie Guerrero has escaped from a state prison in Texas, it is known that this woman is dangerous and authorities are doing everything they can to find her and have issued a warning to the public to stay away if you see her and call the cops" I watch as the news reporter continues talking I can feel myself falling to the floor "no that can't be real" I sob.

"What's going on?" Nathan asks with concern "she's escaped" dad tells him as Nathan rushes over to me "look at me, we might not get along most of the time but I promise you she won't ever get near you again" he tells me hugging me. I guess I should explain from the beginning. Vickie is my mom she wasn't the best parent growing up she hated me, she never wanted a girl and thought she was having 2 boys until I was born from that day she made my life a living hell, my dad worked away a lot so he never noticed and Nathan was too young it wasn't until we were 15 that my dad realised something was going on and confronted my mom, she denied everything and said I was making it up for attention but he knew and got the police involved she was arrested straight away and I had to go to court, she got 24 years for neglect and severe abuse but she's now escaped.

"I'm going for a walk" I say wiping my face standing up before grabbing my phone and putting on my shoes heading out the door, I start walking and decide to call Dean "hello?" He asks "hey it's Raelynn" I say my voice breaking "darlin are you okay?!" He says worried "no can you come get me" I say as tears fall down my face "I'm coming now where are you?" I hear him say "4 blocks away from my house" I say sitting down on a bench "stay there I'm coming to get you" he says before hanging up. I wipe my face again, a door slams making me jump he rushes over to me "what's happened are you okay?" He asks pulling me into him "my mom escaped from prison" I say hiccuping hiding my face in his chest "Im here now she can't hurt you" he says playing with my hair "thank you" I say cuddling into him.

It's been over an hour since I told dean everything about my mom and he's been really quiet since which scares me "dean please say something" I say quietly "I'm sorry darlin' i promise you with everything I have I'm gonna keep you safe" he replies putting his hand on my leg the other hand on the steering wheel I put my hand over his with a small smile on my face. It's been less than a week since I became friends with the boys and it's scary how comfortable I've become around them, Seth and Roman have become brothers to me and then you get Dean I don't know what to say it's like he knows exactly what to say in every situation "whatcha thinking bout darlin?" He asks pulling me out of my thoughts "just thinking how in less than a week I've become so comfortable around 3 guys I'd never thought I'd even be friends with" I say smiling "your stuck with us now darlin" he says grinning showing off his dimples, I poke his dimple "I've been wanting to do that since the first day we talked" I giggle.