12- The 2nd Burial

Taeil stood frozen in place, a ringing tone pierced his ears as he watched his entire world be sliced in half. Literally.

Small tears ran down his face and he dropped to his knees next to Kun, or the top half of Kun. Blood spurting out of both ends, Taeil tried to call for help but to no avail against his choked sobs.

Curling up beside him Taeil caressed his face. Kun still blinked every two seconds or so. "I love you"

...

"Hey Taeil are you okay? I hea-"
Taeyong walked into the parlor.
"What the fuck?"

Taeyong quickly crouched next to Taeil, who was visibly shaking.

"Taeil?! Taeil?! Talk to me. What happened?"

Taeil shook his head vigorously.

"Jesus christ, this was a terrible idea" Taeyong pinched the bridge of his nose.

...

"What do we do now?" Jeno asked

"Same thing we did last time"  Taeyong motioned towards the shed.

...

"Are you sure you want to be here?"

Taeil nodded
"I'd rather see him be buried than be left in the dust"
Sungchan patted his back in understanding.

"Is he secure?" Taeyong asked
Johnny nodded, tightening the ropes that held Kun together.

Lowering his body into the shallow pit, the others looked pitifully at Taeil and Kun's body.

...

"Hey, Taeil? Are you okay?" Jaehyun knocked on Taeil's door, recieving silence as an answer.

"Can I come in?"
Silence.
"I'll take that as a yes" Jaehyun walked into the room, sitting down next to Taeil who was sniffling quietly.

"I know you took it the hardest, but we're all sad about him. We've gotta stay strong okay?"

"You don't understand it"  Taeil said quietly

"Yes I d-"

"No you don't! I loved him, so much, and he died, right in front of me. His blood is still on my clothes! Don't talk to me like you understand what I'm going through." Taeil breathed heavily, anger very apparent on his face.

Jaehyun bit his lip, attempting to stop his tears. Sliding his arms underneath Taeil's shirt, he tapped his bare tummy in morse code
.. ._.. _ _ _ ..._ . .._

"Maybe I don't understand, but I'm still going to try" Jaehyun mumbled, wiping away a tear with his hoodie sleeve.

...

"Guys, you wanna forget this for a bit?" Jeno held up a few bottles of beer.

"Better than doing nothing I guess" Johnny shrugged.

...

Too many drinks later and more than three quarters of the remaining boys were drunk.

Most of them were chatting while Johnny was staring at a blank wall, laughing at the dust that would sometimes float by.

"Dude you alright?" Mark asked
"Heh, tiny floaty dusties" Johnny held his hand under a tiny dust ball.

"I'm gonna assume that you aren't"

"Y'know Markiepoo? I think yer reallll cute" Johnny giggled.

"Well I think you've had enough to drink." Mark said, picking up Johnny's  half full bottle and going to dispose of it.