Training

Miraleigh arrived at the dealership, Robby and Mr. LaRusso were standing at the front. Waiting for the girl, Robby smiled glad she was here. She jogged over and looked at the two with an enthusiastic smile. Robby's features brightened seeing her smile, Daniel handed her two rags and she looked at them with a confused look. Robby chuckled, seeing her face and led her to one of the cars. He placed the two rags on the car, then looked at Miraleigh with a nervous look. 

"Do it how you would normally wash the car." He told, she nodded and started washing the car with the rags how she normally would do it. He licked his lips, feeling nervous and had butterflies in his stomach. 

"Miraleigh, could I um, could I correct how you're doing it?" He nervously asked, she nodded and stopped doing it. She felt her hairs stand up, as he stood behind her and placed his hands on top of her's and corrected her hand movement on cleaning the car. She smiled lightly, nodding as he took his hands off of her's and started watching her clean the car. 

"That's it." He reassured, she smiled relieved and nodded as she continued to clean the car. He watched with a smile, glad she said yes to learning karate. He just hoped she would continue doing it even as she was doing the 'chores' bit. After 20 minutes he showed her wash the windows, waiting another 20 minutes before showing her everything else. Mr. LaRusso drove them both to his house and showed Miraleigh the small dojo. She gasped lightly, Robby got into a stance Miraleigh copying him. 

"Alright, wash the windows." Robby stated, she nodded and he threw a punch but she blocked it using the 'wash the windows' technique. She smiled proudly, then continued to dodge and block any punches, or kicks he threw. After a five minutes Daniel got them to stop, a proud look on his face. Miraleigh, looked at Robby smiling and he smiled back. 

"You were amazing, I've never seen someone learn that fast." She smiled, a light blush forming on her cheeks. 

"Thanks." She spoke gratefully, he nodded and held his hands up in a sparring stance. She giggled, getting comfortable in a stance and they both started blocking and throwing punches. She didn't know how but she somehow punched his shoulder, a smacking sound filled the room. 

"Are you alright?" She asked worriedly, dropping her guard. He nodded, rubbing his shoulder then went to throw a kick but she blocked it and smirked slightly. He chuckled nodding, bowing and she quickly followed.

"It didn't hurt did it?" She asked, he chuckled but slightly nodded.

"You have a lot of force, I'm sorry. I just wanted to see if you'd be able to defend yourself when you can't see it coming." He explained gently, she nodded and shrugged. 

"Doesn't bother me." He nodded, but grinned and picked up her bag and handed it over to her. 

Over the days, Robby and Miraleigh were being taught by Daniel. Miraleigh was feeling more confident, knowing she was learning how to defend herself. Today was a bit of a chaotic day for her, she would be watching her father's trial. She got her best clothes, which weren't the greatest but still presentable and started walking to the court house. She was nervous, she was pacing at the front of the building. She didn't want to go in there, she didn't want to see her father again. 

"Miraleigh?" She spun around, seeing Robby he noticed her panicked look and her shaky hands. He walked up to her, encasing her large hands over her smaller, clasped hands. 

"I'll be out here waiting for you, I promise. I'm sure they'll take your side." He hugged her, she clasped onto his shirt. He rubbed her back, gently. Hurting slightly, seeing her like this. He wanted to be able to help her, but this was all he could do for now. 

"Just say the truth, even if you are scared of what he will do." She nodded, he stroked the back of her head and then pulled away. 

"I'll see you soon." He whispered, she nodded and stepped back taking a deep breath and walked into the court house. Like he promised, he was sitting at the front waiting for her to walk out. Her eyes landed on him, she sat next to him and rested her head on his shoulder. 

"How did it go?" He asked softly, he felt her shrug and then sigh. 

"I think I did okay, they looked like they cared about my side of the story." She explained, he grabbed her hand and held it.

"When do you find out?" He asked looking at her. 

"Two weeks, unless they decided differently or anything else happens." He nodded and pulled her into his side.

"Robby, what do you think I should do in this scenario? The day dad got arrested, I found a letter in his room. He lied to me that mum didn't live here, in truth she does. She's lived here since they divorced, I was even meant to be living with her but dad lied to her and said I didn't want to live with her and that there was no court case for adoption." She explained, he was shocked and honestly didn't really know what to say.

"I think you should visit her, tell her the truth." He didn't exactly know how she felt about her mother, though he assumed she preferred her over her father. 

"I think I will." He gave her a small smile, then helped her up and grinned. 

"Thanks for coming." She added on, he looked at her shocked and slightly offended. 

"Of course I would come for you." Since he first laid eyes on her he thought she was beautiful, he personally hated that Cruz, Trey and himself caused trouble for her. He hated the life she was given, wishing she had it easier and that she had more friends. 

"Come on, we're going to have some fun." He said with a smirk, wanting to make her feel better. She grinned, following him as they walked down the streets and to the pet shelter. Robby spoke to the lady at the counter, then took Miraleigh's hand and followed the lady and sat down in a puppy playpen. Robby sat across from her and then smiled as a bunch of puppies ran in. The lady closed the gate and Miraleigh squealed looking at the adorable puppies. Miraleigh picked up on of the puppies and smiled as it licked her hand. The puppies made her feel better, they pounced on each other and played with the toys in the playpen. Robby had a puppy sitting in his lap, another one crawling into his arms. He picked that one up, smiling as he saw happiness all over Miraleigh's face. 

After they finished, Robby and Miraleigh walked to her apartment, before he walked off Miraleigh wrapped her arms around him. Giving him a hug, he smiled and brought her closer to his chest and nodded. 

"You are welcome." She giggled quietly, smiling and pulled away from him. 

"You turned a real shitty day into a really good one, thank you." He nodded, a smile on his face and waved goodbye to her.