Chapter 34

It had been a week since the concert/mine and Brian’s third horrible date. He told me that usually when third dates are horrible, it was usually a sign that you drop the person, but he believed our relationship would work. So did I.

Brian placed a restraining order on Mackenzie and Greg while the both of them went to jail for harassment of a pregnant woman and possible murder. Although Brian wanted the both of them in jail for life, I just wanted them out of mine and Brian’s life.

                Once before Brian had refrained from talking about our baby, now it was the both of us. Anything Brian said about it made me break out into tears and he would have a panic attack just trying to calm me down. I felt Brian wasn’t as sad about the baby, after all he didn’t want it in the first place, but he did have his share of torture with it. He would tell himself it was his fault we were in so much pain. When I tried telling him it wasn’t he wouldn’t hear of it.

                Brian was the one who made the calls to all of our friends and family about our baby. I couldn’t bear to do it. It was too painful.

                “Do you want to go anywhere tonight?” Brian suddenly asked me. He was standing behind the counter in the kitchen making spaghetti I was craving for lunch while I sat on the couch in front of the counter watching TV.

                I shrugged, “I don’t care, why? Do you want to do something?”

                He nodded, “yeah kinda but I don’t know what.”

                “Well call Jimmy he always has ideas,” I suggested, “speaking of which, how is Jimmy? How’d he handle all of this bad news?” I turned around on the couch to face Brian at the counter.

                Brian sighed, “he’s been hit pretty hard with it but he’s handling himself okay.”

                I looked down at the ground. The night Mackenzie made her move Brian raced down the stairs trying to stop me. Zack and Johnny grabbed Mackenzie and pinned her to the ground but Matt and Jimmy, boy, Matt and Jimmy beat the hell out of Greg. The 6’4 man met his match with Jimmy and Matt. Jimmy was the same height and just as intimidating as him but Matt was the better fighter. I thought of Jimmy. Sweet Jimmy as he and jacked Matt beat the huge professional boxer to the ground.  

                Jimmy shouldn’t have to go through this much pain. It amazed me how attached he got to mine and Brian’s baby.

                I looked down at my glass full of water. I shouldn’t have gone to that concert. Tears started to swell in my eyes so I turned back towards the TV so Brian wouldn’t see but before they could fall I was interrupted.

“Hey,” I felt someone sit next to me and an arm wrap around me, “lets not think about that right now.” Brian rubbed my shoulder while holding a fancy clear glass of red wine in his free hand.           

                I nodded and wiped at my eyes ready to change the subject. With a relieving sigh I asked, “okay so any thoughts on what to do tonight?”

                “Why don’t we just go hang out with everyone?” Brian suggested.

                I nodded happy with his suggestion, “I’d like that.”

                Later that night Brian and I met everyone at the beach. We had chatted with the others earlier and the guys decided they wanted to go surfing. I had never seen any of them surf and I was intrigued to know that they actually could.