Chapter 12

Victoria stood in the living room, not sure of what to do. “Don’t worry Tori, I’m not angry at you, I know you only hung out with Katie and Jasmine because of your mom’s relationship with theirs and they made you a ‘somebody.’ Well let me tell you, I have someone I want you to meet and it won’t matter if you’re a ‘somebody’ or a ‘nobody’ with him. You two are perfect for each other. You spent your nights looking for me a guy, now it’s my turn to play matchmaker.”

                Victoria stood motionless for a second then ran to me and hugged me. “I missed you so much, those girls are such skanks. They’re disgusting and the things they made me do to be one of them just because they had money and connections. I cannot believe we ever hung out with them. Thank you for understanding Blake.”

                I hugged her back knowing what she was saying was all truth and that my old friend was back.

                We talked the rest of the day. I caught her up on mine and Brian’s story while she told me she was thinking about quitting her job as a bartender and becoming a home designer. She spent the night and we spent hour after hour watching movies like “Hot Rod” and “Crazy, Stupid, Love.” Catching up with Victoria was fun and all but the morning came quickly and I told her I had to meet Syn at the beach. She grinned and wished me good luck before leaving my apartment.

                The thought of meeting Brian at the beach today made me nervous. After what happened yesterday with Katie, Victoria, and Jasmine, I had no idea how he was going to treat me today. Every day it was different with him.

                I slid on a plain long grey maxi dress that helped hide my small baby bump and left my hair loose and wavy. I put on a pair of lace toms I had and applied just a small amount of make-up.

                As I drove down to the beach I couldn’t help but think of Brian kissing me. How could I go from hating every inch of him to being in love with him after one fake kiss?

                I noticed Brian’s black 1969 mustang sitting in the parking lot, I got out of my car and walked towards his. When I noticed he wasn’t in there I looked down towards the water and immediately saw a man wearing a white v-neck t-shirt with a black coat on top and dark grey skinny jeans. The man’s jet black hair was spiked in the back in many different directions reminding me of the show “Dragon Ball Z.”

                                “Hey,” I greeted him as I walked up behind him. The wind was blowing pretty strongly making the blue waves bigger and fuller.

“You made it,” he said nonchalantly rubbing the back of his neck, he wore aviators but I could see the look of surprise on his face when he saw I actually showed up.

                “You wanted me here so I’m here,” I smiled slightly, “what is it?”

Brian bit his lower lip and stared towards the horizon of the ocean. Then his gaze fell over me. His body was tense, he was being serious. “I need to talk to you.”

                Brian and I started walking along the busy beach, children ran past us chasing after wind-blown beach balls and boogie boards. “That could be our child one day,” Brian murmured. I looked at him shocked. That was the last thing I was expecting to come out of his mouth. “Wait so you don’t want an abortion anymore?” I asked trying to keep my voice low.

                He looked at me as if I was crazy, “no of course I want one, its just thoughts like that haunt me sometimes.”

                I knew what he meant, I thought back to day when I was thinking of baby names.