Chapter 28

Vancouver, BC
December 7th, 2019

The next day, I decided to just focus on filming and rehearsing and not about him.

I had talked to the girls and they obviously felt bad for me, but it just made me more sad when they brought him up.

I had a few breakdowns in the process but they helped me, just like they always do.

That night, I ordered take out from my favorite Sushi place downtown and relaxed at home.

I heard my phone ping a million times and every time I unlocked my phone, it was messages from him.

Owen
Hey
Can we talk
Come on
read 5:47 pm

I shot a text to the girls instead, asking if they wanted to come over and thankfully they all said yes.

We laid around eating food, and watching 10 Things I Hate About You.

"I aspire to be Kat, I love her." I laugh watching the screen.

"Me too." The girls agree.

Around 11, they all leave and I clean up the mess we made.

I can't imagine what it'll be like when filming is over and we can't hang out everyday like this.

After cleaning up, I hop in the shower and get ready for bed.

I put on my flannel pj's since it's like 30° outside, and run over some of my lines for tomorrow.

At 12:30 I decided it's time for bed and turn off my lamp.

The next morning, 7:45 am

I rub my eyes to wake myself up fully, and look outside at the pouring rain.

"Great." I mutter with a yawn.

I unlock my phone to find about a million messages from everyone.

I set my phone to do not disturb and get myself up and ready for the day.

I arrive to set early, and so did someone else: Owen.

What a great coincidence that we parked right next to each other.

I cringe to myself and get out of my car as fast as I can to avoid talking to him.

"You can't ignore my texts forever, you know" He yells from behind me.

"I can if I want to" I mutter to myself and keep walking.

I walk in to my trailer to get changed in to my outfit for the scenes and grab my umbrella on the way out.

Luckily, inside set was warm so we didn't have to wear jackets.

After hours and hours of going over lines, it was finally time to do the real thing.

We were filming the Bright scene in the school gym, where Julie and the band were performing, and Carrie and I were getting jealous at their performance.

It was so cool hearing the band perform live and it was hard pretending to be mad, since Owen sounded amazing like he always does.