Chapter 12

Vancouver, BC
November 15th, 2019

It's currently Wednesday, another chilly day in Vancouver.

Owen and I just arrived to set, and went our separate ways: me to Studio B and him to Studio C.

"See you later okay, L?" He asks, turning around.

"Sounds good, bye" I tell him, walking towards to other side of set.

Savannah and I, as well as the other girls had to get our costumes on for another dress rehearsal day.

Kenny wanted to make sure that "Wow" was perfect, so we had to do multiple takes.

"Alright Lila, I want to move you closer to Savannah to see how it looks" Kenny says, pointing to the second spot in line which meant Tori and I had to switch.

"Great, let's take it from the top" he says, starting the music again.

We do the dance 3 more times before we finally get it.

"That's a wrap for 'Wow', great job girls! You're off for the rest of today. We'll start rehearsing 'All eyes on me' tomorrow so be ready please" Kenny announces as I wave goodbye and head to my trailer to get changed in to normal clothes.

"I'm exhausted" I tell Savannah as we head to the makeup and costume trailer to put away our costumes.

"Me too" she replies, setting down her costume next to mine.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Sav" I wave bye and head to my trailer to grab the rest of my belongings.

"Bye!" She says sweetly, still smiling even though she's exhausted.

"Lila!" Madi says, walking over to me.

"Mads! How was filming today, what'd you guys do?" I ask her.

"It was good Charlie and I worked on Perfect Harmony, Owen and BooBoo did some of their scenes, and I'm not really sure where Jeremy is" she tells me, a sweet smile on her face.

"Sounds fun, do you know where the boys are at the moment?" I ask, as she starts walking ahead of me.

"Yes I do, follow me" she tells me, until we get to Studio A.

"Hey, I thought you guys were in Studio C today?" I ask to no one in particular.

"We we're supposed to, but Kenny changed his mind so we went here instead" Charlie says walking from behind me, to in front of me.

"Ah, gotcha. Anyways guys I just came to say hi, but I'm really tired so I'll see you tomorrow" I say, waving to all of them.

"Bye L" Owen says from behind me.

The drive home is quiet, it was 6pm, practically rush hour and I was surprised that downtown wasn't busier.

As soon as I get home, I set my bags down in the living room and strip my clothes and hope in to the shower.

Vancouver was getting colder by the day, a sign that winter is well on its way.

Once I got out of the shower, my phone vibrated and I saw Kenny's number appear.

"Hey Kenny, what's up?" I ask, sitting down on the couch.

"Hi Lila, I know you're probably exhausted and it's dinner time but I wanted to ask you something" he says from the other line.

"Go for it" I tell him, before he continues to talk.

"Okay so I've been thinking that we could go on a trip with the cast for Thanksgiving and I know it sounds last minute but I wanted to see if we could all get together" he says.

"Sounds fun. Who would go and where would we go?" I ask him

"I was thinking we would go to Maui and it would just be Charlie, Owen, Jeremy and his wife, you and me. I was hoping Madison and Savannah could make it but unfortunately they can't" he says.

"I'd love to go, it sounds really fun" I tell him.

"Great, I'll work on getting the boys together and text you the information. See you tomorrow" he adds, before hanging up.

Right after he hangs up the fun, I text our group chat right away.

Me
Did you guys hear the news??

Owen
What news?

Charlie
Yeah, what news?

Me
You guys really don't know?

Owen
No?

Charlie
We don't

Me
WERE GOING TO MAUI, BITCHES

Owen
Woah woah woah, calm down. What?

Charlie
Are you joking?

Me
No! I just got off the phone with Kenny and we're all going, Jeremy and Carolynn too

Owen
Holy shit

Charlie
When do we leave?

Me
I'm not sure, I think the 24th

Owen
WHAT THAT'S ONLY 9 DAYS AWAY

Charlie
Yeah, talk about notice

After texting them about the trip, I decided to pick up sushi downtown and bring it back to my apartment.

I turn on Netflix and eat, when I get a text from Kenny.

Kenny Ortega
Hello everyone! As I'm sure you know from Lila, I've been planning a trip to Maui for Thanksgiving break. We leave on Sunday, November 24th and get back on Saturday, November 30th. I apologize for the short notice, but I was really hoping we could make this work. If you can or cannot make it, please message me today or early tomorrow so I know in advance.

Owen
Awesome, thank you Kenny.

Charlie
Sounds fun, thanks Kenny!

Me
Really looking forward to it, thank you.

Once I finally set my phone down after all the texting, I watch Netflix for another hour before I hop in to bed and get some sleep.