Year 1- Rude, much?

We arrived. It was very dark outside and as we were stepping off the train I heard a gruffy voice say "Right then, first years, this way please." I went with Hermione, who Ron and Harry left behind, which I thought was terribly rude. Anyways, the man who's the voice was coming from was a huge bearded man with shaggy hair. Harry seemed to know him, and his name was Hagrid. We followed him to the boats and I sat on the same boat as Hermione, with some other people. The experience riding the boat was beautiful, the lanterns lit the dark ocean up and it looked like stars came down from the sky and we were holding them. I can't wait to write to mum and dad about this! Then I looked up and saw the magnificent castle that was Hogwarts.

Excitedly, we went up the stairs and saw an old lady with emerald green robes and her hair tied up in a tight bun. I noticed the blonde boy from the robes shop next to us as well. "Welcome to Hogwarts...", said the woman. " Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. There are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, ravenclaw, and slytherin." I heard the blonde boy snicker and smile at slytherin, which made me confused. Slytherin? Wait, he's in year one and already wanting to set himself in a house? Well, I guess it's the same for all the other people NOT wanting to be in slytherin. Kinda messed up if you ask me.

The woman explained that your house is your family, blah blah, don't break rules, blah blah... "It's true then? What they're saying on the train?" I looked to see who was talking and it was the pale blonde boy. "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." This made people murmur. "This is Crabbe, and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." He's named after a dragon? Wait no, a constellation. Huh. That's a nice name. Ron, however, laughed at the name. "Think my name's funny do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley." OH HELL NAW. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to be making friends with the wrong sort."

"Um, I'm gonna stop you right there.", I said, stepping up close to him. "Excuse me?" "You are better than no one here. If you go around insulting people because of their money, then you AND your family is nothing. You definitely don't get to talk to anyone like that. Who do you think you are?" He looked at me shocked and surprised, as if he's not used to anyone telling him off. Who are this kid's parents? Before he could spit some insult at me, the woman, who was named Professor McGonagall came in and said "we're ready for you now."

We went inside the great hall and McGonagall explained how the sorting works. "Hermione Granger!", she called. The sorting hat was placed on her head for a bit and it yelled out "Gryffindor!" The Gryffindor table cheered. "Draco Malfoy." That hat was on his head for maybe half a second before it yelled "Slytherin!" What? Oh come on, don't look at me like that, there can still be good witches and wizards in slytherin.

"Harry Potter..." The sorting hat took his time with him, but decided he was a Gryffindor. After a while, it was Ron's turn. Gryffindor, again. Then, it was finally my turn. "Talia Hernandez."called McGonagall. I stood up and walked to the chair. I sat down and she placed the sorting hat on my head. "Cunning, yes...leadership qualities...Very slytherin to the naked eye... But above that, brave and courageous, and in the end you will do what seems right. Let it be... GRYFFINDOR!"

The hat decided and the Gryffindor table cheered. I walked over there and sat down, where Harry, Ron, and Hermione were. Ron's brothers, Fred and George, noticed I was anxious, and made jokes to cheer me up. The kids in Gryffindor were actually pretty nice, Seamus and Neville were explaining their backgrounds and Hermione and Ron's other brother, Percy were talking about classes. Harry kept putting his hand to his scar. "What's wrong?", I asked. "Nothing.", he replied suspiciously. Percy explained all about the teachers. Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster, explained the rules. After that, we ate a feast and went to our dormitories. I shared a dorm with Hermione, Parvati Patil, Lavender Brown, and Fay Dunbar.