A Broken Christmas

Christmas Morning:

"Albert." Dorthy says shaking him to wake up

"Huh? Huh? What?" He says

"I'm going to see Jessica and Ann." She says sternly

He quickly sits up and looks at his wife with anger.

"What?" He says

"You heard me. I'm tired of this. I miss my daughters. I love them with all my heart and I can not spend anymore time without them." She says with tears

"How could you? You and I agreed that we won't speak to them until they apologize."

"Apologize for what? Being human? For having a baby and loving someone isn't a different gender? I'm tired of it, Albert. I am sick of you controlling me and not allowing us to see them. You are the reason they ran off! You ruined our family!" Dorthy shouts

She hated that this was happening on Christmas morning, but Dorthy had a long conversation with Jane last night and a lot opened her eyes.

"Dorthy, you are my wife. We are a United front."

"Your children resent you, Al. I don't want to be next."

"So what are you saying?"

"Jessica is moving back into our home and Ann is welcome whenever she pleases."

"No! We are not supporting a gay daughter and a teenager that's pregnant with a baby out of wedlock. Are you crazy? That goes against all of our morals."

"They are our daughters!"

"I forbid you!" He shouts

"You forbid me?" She says

"Yes... Dorthy honey... you and I raised our kids on morals and faith and they broke that. Doesn't that feel like a betrayal?" He asks

"It feels like we betrayed them. Left them in the dumps. I'm breaking my morals of a parent. To see how you don't care and that you're perfectly content with our teenage daughter homeless and our eldest cut off? It's sickening and I'm tired of it."

Albert gets out of bed and shakes his head. "This is what they want. For us to fight. On Christmas Day for gods sake!"

"It's all you. George and Jane aren't happy! I'm not happy!"

"So what are you saying?"

"That if you don't change, I'm leaving you."

//-//

Jessica and Sam spent the night at his parents house and had the most magical evening. Now it was Christmas morning. Sam's mom made a big breakfast for the family. Sam wanted to be with his parents Christmas morning to see his little siblings open their gifts, then the plan was to go back to Ann's for the evening and enjoy a peaceful and fun Christmas.

As Sam's family was opening gifts, Jessica felt all kinds of kicks coming from the baby.

"Sam... Sam" she whispers

"What?"

She takes his hand and puts it on her belly. Sam never felt the baby move. With work and school, Sam never got to feel the kicks. Only Jessica.

"Oh my god!" He says loudly

"What is it?" Jane says

"The baby is kicking... like crazy!" Sam says

Jessica giggles and puts her hand over Sam's and smiles big.

"I want to feel!" Jane says

All of Sam's family runs over and they all took turns feeling the baby.