Skipping School

Jessica had made herself so sick that she couldn't even get out of bed for school. Ann let her stay home and rest because she really needed it. After a long weekend of being in the hospital and going through everything that's been happening, she needed a mental break. After last nights scare Ann stayed with her throughout the night and stayed home from class to watch her and keep her company.

It's what she needed most right now. She had felt so lonely and abandon. She couldn't get her parents and Sam out of her head. They were a constant reminder of how terrible her life felt to her.

She waited and waited for a call or text from Sam, but nothing. She believed that him walking out yesterday truly was the end of their relationship. He ended it all. All of those years of love was over.

Jessica was curled up on the couch in and blanket and her pajamas. She had some tea as she watched some tv with Ann.

"Hey Jess?" Ann says to her

"Yeah?" Jessica asks

"You know... not that you're pregnant, I can't stop thinking about if it's a boy or a girl." Ann says

It had only been three days since Jessica found out but she never really stopped and thought like that.

Ann giggles and shakes her head. "I'm sorry. Bad timing?" Ann says

"No... I mean it's all so new I haven't even thought about it."

"What would you want?" Ann asks

"Gosh, I don't know? Aren't they all hard to take care of?" Jessica says

Ann laughs "Yeah... but imagine you having a little girl or boy."

"Well it will be one of the two." Jessica smiles

"I'm excited to be an aunt and be there for you every step of the way." Ann says taking her hand

"I wish everyone felt that way." Jessica sighs

"They will. I promise."

//-//

At school:

Jane walked through the halls like any normal day. As routine, she went to Jessica's locker right after fourth period so they could walk to study hall together. Jessica was always at her locker fourth period. But today, she wasn't there.

"Hey Jane!" Sarah says, she was Jessica's locker buddy and had all the same classes as her

"Where's Jessica?" Jane panics

"She isn't here today... I tried texting her to see how she's doing but she won't answer. Have you tried Ann?" Sarah says as she starts walking to study hall with Jane.

"I'll try... Jessica never misses school. I hope she's okay." Jane sighs

"I feel so bad after that whole Sam thing. She told me about it yesterday." Sarah says with anger. Jessica had filled Jane and Sarah in on everything but after last night, she didn't respond to them.

"I want to kill him."

When they get to the study hall room and sit down, they see Sam walk in.

He knew Jessica's wasn't at school either. He was too afraid to ask Jane and Sarah, so he walked past them like it was nothing and sat with his friends

Then, Jane gets a text from Ann. Ann told her everything. How Jessica tried to kill herself last night and how bad she was doing.

"Sarah, I have to drive to Ann's... Jessica needs me." Jane says standing up