$15k

July 15th;

It was a week after Jessica's episode in the park. Ever since then, she has put on a brave face and carried on with her life. She hated they way she felt that day and promised to keep herself away from that feeling. She followed through with her doctors recommendation of seeing a therapist but still refused the medicine. Though she felt like she was being eaten alive with her emotions she didn't let anyone know. She didn't want to make her problems anyone else's and promised herself to keep it all in.

//-//

It was the middle of summer in Minnesota. Everyone was spending more time outside going on trips to the park, the lake, to see friends, and enjoy the warm sun. Since Sam would be leaving sooner he tried to make every day worth it since he'd be far away from his little family. He was feeling very sad at the thought of Jessica being alone... especially now with her current state. He did everything to try to make her smile or he herself again, but ever since the park, something hasn't been the same.

"Good morning, beautiful..." Sam says from the rocking chair as she soothes Eloise back to sleep

It was six in the morning, that was late for Jessica to get up now and days. But the sight of Sam holding their little girl melted her heart.

"Good morning." She smiles as she stays tucked in to the covers

"She's fighting to fall asleep, but I keep telling her that she's not going to miss anything for a few hours." He smirks

Jessica giggles then rubs her eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear her wake up." She says

"No, it's okay. She was tossing and turning. So I figured I'd cuddle her for a bit." He says

"Thank you." She whispers as she sees Eloise's eyes close from a distance.

Sam nods his head and looks back down at Eloise as she falls asleep peacefully in his arms.

"I can't describe this feeling." He says

Jessica sits up and walks over to Sam. She sits on the arm rest of the chair and holds Sam close to her. The couple both stare at this little baby that they created together.

"I know." She says softly

//-//

Later that day:

It was a beautiful day outside and Sam's mom invited Jessica and Sam to the country club for a pool day. The two of them packed up all the baby gear and headed over to spend the day with Sam's parents and siblings.

It was always fun being with Sam's family. They were all so close like Jessica's family. But what Jessica loved most was seeing Sam's parents together. Their family felt whole. Just like Jessica's did before it started to fall apart. Being with them made up for something missing in Jessica's life.

His sisters adored Eloise and were always so excited to see her, so of course they wanted to ride with Jessica and Sam. So they stopped at Sam's parents house to pick up his sisters.

"Hi Jessie!" Rocky says as she runs to Jessica to give her a hug.

"Hey girly! How are you?" Jessica smiles

"Jess! You're here!" Sandy smiles

"I am! Are you guys ready to go?" Jessica says

"Yes!" They scream

"Guys, Ellie is asleep.... okay, so we have to be quite." Sam says as he helps his sisters in the car.

"Okay..." they whisper