Chapter 13: Attack on Skull Island

"Battra, wait up!" Muto called. Battra looked up as he heard her voice. He was getting his supplies ready for his journey to Skull Island outside Leo's treehouse, until he saw Muto running towards him.
"What is it?" He asked. She had never wanted his attention this badly before. However, once she had it, she quickly changed her tune. She looked away and ran a finger through her hair. She looked almost a little embarrassed.
"Did you... need any more help on this mission?" She asked. "I heard you were going to Skull Island."
"No, I think we'll be okay." Battra nodded. "But thank you for the offer."
"Okay. Just... just be careful, alright?" Muto replied.
"... Of course." Battra assured with another nod. They stood facing each other in silence for a little while longer. Neither knew what to say next. Battra slowly realized there was nobody else around them. They were completely alone. Maybe now would be the perfect moment to confess his feelings. But time was quickly running out before things would get awkward. He gulped down his fear. He had no idea how he was going to do it. But there was only one way he could think of to break the awkward tension between him and Muto. He leaned forward, gently grasping Muto's chin. She gasped slightly before Battra leaned in the rest of the way and pulled her into a kiss. Muto didn't stop him. In fact, she had been waiting for him to do something just like this for a long time now. She relaxed herself and placed her hands on the sides of his face to pull him in closer. Battra hadn't expected it to go this far. They stayed like this for a moment before pulling apart. Battra quickly realized he was wrong; it didn't break the tension. As soon as their eyes met, the tension only increased. They both turned away from each other quickly, both of their faces turning a bright red.
"Well... um... t-that was..." Battra began, clearing his throat.
"Nice." Muto finished, a small smile forming on her blushing face.
"I was going to say interesting." Battra said. "But... it was nice too, I suppose."
"I suppose it was." Muto agreed.
"I'm sorry that was..." Battra began.
"No, don't be, really." Muto interrupted. "Like I said... it was nice." She quickly regained her composure. "Well, I'd better get going. Don't wanna distract you any more than I already have."
Battra nodded as Muto walked away. As soon as he saw her leave, he smiled and chuckled to himself. He still couldn't believe what had just happened. He was in even more shock that Muto was okay with it. He was fully prepared to get slapped if she wasn't. Still in a state of trance, he turned around to leave the other way, only to realize two people were watching him the whole time. Leo and Mothra were standing right in front of him. Leo smirked and nodded in approval, while Mothra was nearly vibrating from how happy she was.
"Oh no." Battra muttered as Mothra quite literally pounced on him, trapping him in a hug.
"I'm so proud of you, Battra!" She said.
"Why?" Battra asked, clearly frustrated.
"Because you finally confessed your feelings to Muto." Mothra beamed.
"No, I mean why were you staring that whole time?" Battra growled. His face had gone from cherry red to beet red, but Mothra wasn't sure if that was embarrassment or anger. Either way, she decided letting go of him would be the best choice.
"We were coming to see if you were ready to leave, but we didn't wanna interrupt you." Leo explained. "Looked like you were... busy."
"I knew you and Muto would make a cute couple!" Mothra said.
"We're not a couple... yet." Battra grumbled.
"Ah, you said 'yet'!" Mothra giggled.
"Can we just go now, please?" Battra sighed, trying to draw his head into his neck like a turtle.
"Alright, Mothra, we can pick on him when we get back." Leo relented. "For now, we have a job to do."
Mothra nodded, and checked her wrist sheathes. They held her elemental knives hidden beneath the sleeves of her kimono, which she had just put on after getting out of her vacation attire. Once she made sure her knives were secure, she nodded and took off into the air along with her brothers. From Monster Island to Skull Island was a long trip, too long for them to teleport from the ground. But the three were able to fly almost at the speed of sound. They would be there very soon. But Battra could not shake his feelings of dread. In fact, they were getting stronger.