Chapter 46

Time skip- 1 week

Dallas' POV
It's been a few days since I spoke to Colette in her office about Demi, and since that day I've been waiting for her to call me to confirm everything.

This morning myself, Madison and Y/n are going to have a girly day. Even though Y/n has been staying with us for a few months, we've yet to have a day to hang out together.

We all jump in y/n's car and she drives us to the mall.

As we walk around, our hands full with bags, my phone goes off.

"Crap. Mads can you grab these bags for me." She nods and once my hands are free I rummage through my handbag to grab my phone. Once I find my phone I look at the caller ID and see a number I don't recognise. I answer it anyway.

"Hello?"
"Hi Dallas? This is Colette, we spoke the other day."
I smile forgetting she can't see me
"Ah yes hi, how are you?"
"I'm great thank you for asking. Anyways I was calling to let you know that I've spoken to my team about our discussion and everything is sorted for you to call Demi."
"That's amazing! Thank you so much!"
"You're welcome. I'll text you once I get more details of when and how you can contact her."
"Sounds good"

We say our goodbyes and I hang up. Y/n looks at me waiting for me to explain the phone call.

"That was Colette and she told me that everything is sorted with us talking to Demi! She's going to text me as soon as she has more details."
Y/n's face lit up as I spoke
"Omg Dallas!! This is incredible, thank you so much for this."
"It's the least I could do for my soon to be sister"
Y/n hugged me almost tearing up. I smiled at her and we carried on shopping at the mall.

A few hours has past and it's now 6:30pm. We came back home an hour ago tired as hell. Madi went straight to her room to have a nap and y/n and I chilled in the living room with my parents. I told them about the phone call with Colette and they were super excited to hear Demi's voice again.

We were watching 'SHREK' when I received a text. I reached for my phone on the coffee table and I look to see the notification.

Colette: Hey Dallas, I've received some more information from my team, you and your family can have a FaceTime call with Demi this evening at 7:15. Unfortunately you can't have face to face contact at the moment because my team feels that it'll affect Demi emotionally which could affect her sobriety. However, she should be discharged in the next 2 weeks.

Dallas: Hi thank you for the information. I completely understand why we can't see her face to face and that's fine, the FaceTime is enough!

Colette: I'm glad you understand. We'll give Demi access to her phone so she can call you but I'll be in the room with her to make sure she doesn't do anything but call you.

Dallas: Okay that's good, thanks.

We talked for a little while until Colette had to go. I updated my parents, Y/n and Madi once she came downstairs after her nap. We continued to watch the movie while we waited for Demi to call us.