Chapter 39

Demi's POV
It's been two weeks since the incident in my dressing room, and I haven't told anyone about it. I mean, no one should NEED to know so I don't think it's a big deal. The past two weeks has been difficult though. I've started to drink again. And I drink almost every night after the show. I end up going to a club and drink and do drugs there with strangers then I go back to the hotel and fall asleep making sure Y/n doesn't see me come home late. And every morning she questions me and I just say I was with my management team and lost track of time and she, of course, believes it. If I'm being completely honest, I haven't been in the best mental state for a while now. Ever since I relapsed a couple months back, I just haven't been the same. But no one realises that.

Today is my day off so I'm currently in the studio working on new music. I decided to finish a unfinished song that I wrote a couple months back, but I never had the time to work on it. Whilst the producers are working on the sound for me to record, I'm thinking of lyrics and writing them down in my songbook. "We're ready D" I nodded and walk towards them. We worked with the lyrics I thought of and we put the song together. "Okay this looks good, do you wanna record?" "Okay."

I sit in the booth with the headset on and take a deep breath before I sing the first verse.

I tried to talk to my piano
I tried to talk to my guitar
Talked to my imagination
Confided into alcohol
I tried and tried and tried some more
Told secrets 'til my voice was sore
Tired of empty conversation
'Cause no one hears me anymore

"That was great D, just one sec and you can carry on singing." The producer says. I nod and look down as I play with the microphone wire. All I could think of is, how do they not realise the meaning behind the song?? Whatever, no one listens to me anyway. I finished singing and recording the song and before I know it the song is pretty much complete. I say goodbye to the producers then I leave to 'enjoy' another lonely night. Y/n was with Jill and Paul again and the crew is busy doing their own thing so I'm alone and have nothing to do.

I walk out to the SUV that's parked outside and I jump in. "Where to next?" My driver asks. I think for a moment and decide probably the worst decision but right now I don't care. "Can we go to the nearest club?" I could tell my driver was hesitant at first but nodded anyway, then started to drive. I took a deep breath and looked out the window as we drove through the city. We made it to the club and I told my driver I'll call an Uber when I want to leave so he left as soon as I entered the building. Thankfully no paps were around when I entered so nobody should know I'm here. As soon as I walked in I went straight to the bar and ordered shots, not caring about my health, sobriety or anyone.

I've spent around two hours here and my phone hasn't gone off at all, which tells me no one even cares where I am. I was already really drunk from the amount of alcohol I drank but it wasn't enough. I needed more. Then I remembered. The plastic bag I had in my pocket. I decided here wouldn't be the best place to do drugs so I pulled out my phone and called for an Uber. A few minutes later the Uber arrived and I went back to the hotel. I quickly made my way to my room and walked in to no one there. I checked every room making sure Y/n was definitely not back, then I went to the living room and took out the plastic bag from my pocket. I did multiple lines of coke and even drank some more. As I carried on using coke and having a bunch of pills I started to choke a little, I couldn't breath that well. All of a sudden I lost my balance and I fell on the floor. I tried to take deep breaths but it was no use.

"Demi I'm home!" Sounds of footsteps coming closer and closer. "Y/n do you know if she's back yet?" Asked a familiar voice. Then the sound of the door opening filled the room. "OMG DEMI!! JILL CALL FOR AN AMBULANCE!!"

A/n Okay before you all hate me, I'M SORRY I DIDN'T WANT DEMI TO END UP LIKE THIS!! But it'll get better I promise!