Chapter Fifty-Six: The Fuzzies

Cillian waited a total of five minutes after he brought me a nice steamy bowl of oatmeal and fruits before laying into me. He was currently reminding me of Malachy, what with the matching vein in their neck that seemed to throb whenever they explained what I did wrong. It was amusing even if half of what he said went in one ear and out the other. I wasn't even doing it on purpose but after getting lectured on everything in my life by my father, I didn't have the capacity to listen to anymore lectures.

"Are you listening to me?"

"Mmmhhh."

"Really? Then what did I just say, Cell Bate?"

Stabbing a piece of dragon fruit, I plopped it in my mouth and talked as I chewed to annoy him, "That if I moved one millimeter off this bed, you'd tie me to it in a decidedly unsexy way. Which if you ask me is fucked up because really? Any bed tying should be sexy."

Silver eyes squinted, "Which reminds me, no sex."

"Excuse me, what?" I barked, eyebrows hitting my hairline.

"You heard Arseniy. You need twenty four hours of uninterrupted bed rest. That means no sex, Cell Bait."

In complete denial, I sputtered, "B-but we're finally together again after like a month of celibacy. We should be celebrating with a bang, literally."

The smug bastard just scoffed and leaned further back into the pillows beside me, "You can hardly call a month without sex, a month of celibacy."

"Well, asshole. When you're forced to be celibate for seven hundred and fifty years and then you finally start having sex again. A month starts to feel like an unreasonable amount of time."

"So you're saying you only want me for my body?"

Shocked, the clump of oatmeal on my fork sloped back into the bowl, "Lilly if I wanted you for your body, do you honestly think I'd put up with half the shit we put each other through? This, whatever you want to call it, is hard work on both our parts. Definitely not something I'd go through for a piece of ass."

"...I don't know whether to be insulted that you think what we have is work or flattered that you're willing to put in the work to make us work."

Frustrated that my words came out jangled, I pushed the tray of food away, "That's not what I-"

"I know, Cell Bait. I was just joking." He tried to soothe me, placing a comforting hand on my thigh.

"No." I shook my head in irritation at myself, "Let me get this out, Lilly. I feel like I know where you are emotionally when it comes to us. But you don't know where I am and that's not fair."

"To be completely fair, we haven't really had a conversation about our feelings or the future. Just that we're mates. Although, it's not like we've had the time either. What with us only being able to spend a few days together here and there. Not to mention the fact that you hated me for most of those days." He reasoned, finishing with a playful bump to my shoulder.

Dropping my head on his broad shoulder, I sighed, "Divines, how sad is that?"

"Hey, we've had a few important moments. It hasn't all been blood, sex and anger."

"As much as I love those things, I think we should clear the air." I murmured, slipping my hand into his to toy with his long fingers.

My head fell from his shoulder as he leaned forward to pull the furs over our legs, "I agree. Because as much as I hate to admit it, I think my explosions of jealousy stem from not knowing where you stand."