Chapter Sixty-Six: Divinity Vs. Tyranny

The mass of earth collapsed back into the ground with a deafening rumble that crushed the enemy soldiers closest to it. Chaos immediately ensued as the two armies crashed into each other, no longer held back by the wall. Tightening my thighs around the Kelpie, I leaned into her neck to increase our speed as she charged into the fray. Screeching metal and soldier's bellowing war cries drowned out everything else as I struck out at anyone wearing purple. Blood and dirt sprayed through the night turning my skin sticky with grime.

Eyes darting around the messy war-zone, I swung my left arm down to block the axe aimed at my thigh. The weapons hit with clang before I twisted at the waist and brought my other sword down into the center of her chest. My Kelpie's speed ripped the sword from the soldier's chest and brought an ache to my shoulder. Using the momentum, I whipped my arm back and released my grip to send the sword spiraling into the crowd. The metal winked as it broke apart mid-air into spikes that began drilling through rows of purple tunic'd soldiers.

Balls of different colored flames catapulted from behind me, slamming against the walls of the Kingdom. Black marks marred the brick as the flames leaped and fizzled out, managing to catch a few archers on the way. Eyes narrowing, I yanked a chain from my waist and snapped it up at the archers. The silver links wrapped tightly around the ridge of the wall instead of the neck I had been aiming for, giving me the perfect idea. Giving it a yank, I loosened my legs around the Kelpie and tightened my grip on my sword. Snapping out a mental order, I formed the end of the chain into a handle seconds before it pulled me from the Kelpies back.

Wind pulled and sliced at my body harshly as the Unseelie below caught sight of me soaring overhead. Flinging my free hand at the ground, I curled it into a fist and laughed when the ground opened up beneath them. Soldiers in purple tunics screamed as they slipped under the earth's surface while some of the smarter ones traveled out. White hot pain flashed to life across my wrist, drawing a hiss of pain from my lips and weakening my grip. Gritting my teeth, I forced my fingers to curl tighter around the handle as my body slammed up against the wall.

Planting my feet on the brick, I sneered up at the archers notching their iron arrows. I was about to swing myself to the side as they let the arrows fly when I found I didn't need to. A thick vine surged past me covering me entirely, the tips of the arrows piercing the thick green skin to stop inches from my face. Sliding my will over the vine, I gently nudged the warm presence holding it until it slipped away. The vine curled around my waist as I let go of the chain, bringing me high above the battling armies.

Grinning, I waited until it slithered underneath my feet and shot forward to form a bridge into the city. Jerking my hands out, palms down, royal blue flames bathed the tops of the walls bringing more screams from below. Strolling forward, flames roared from my palms as vibrations rumbled up the vine. A quick glance over my shoulder showed my soldiers clambering up the vine toward me bringing a wicked smile to my lips. Pulling at the vine, a small portion of it flattened into a small disc like shape and lifted me higher into the air.

Faekind in blue tunics raced over the thick bridge of piling vines to flood the inside of the city as I kept them safe from the attacks below. Like a mighty dragon, my flames torched the enemies on the ground while I opened up the earth periodically to swallow the ones I missed. Spikes of ice and metal whistled through the air in an effort to bring me to the ground, well if that's what they want...Crouching, I gripped the small platform I was on as it sped towards the ground outside the Kingdom walls. Instead of stopping it before it hit the ground, I drove it deeper beneath the ground after I flung myself into the brawling masses.

Boots skittering over the torn up dirt, I ripped my sword from my sheath and called the other back into my hand. Striking out, I dragged them both across the back of a large male before spinning around him and driving them into the next Fae's gut. Blue metal glinted out in the moonlight as I cut my way across the field towards the Kingdoms gates. Blood splashed across my face spurting out from the headless female's corpse that quickly slumped to the ground. Charred bodies crunched under my sprinting feet as I raced towards the large gates keeping most of my army outside the city.