Chapter Sixty-Three: It's You?

"Do I really need to wear breeches?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

Cillian popped his head out around the privacy screen, "What do you mean why?"

"I mean, why do I need to wear breeches? Who decided that?" I asked, waving the leather fabric around. "And why the fuck are we always wearing leather?"

"Cell Bait, what is happening right now?"

Throwing the offending clothing to the floor, I flopped back on the bed, "I'm not wearing pants. That's what's happening right now."

Splashing water sounded out as Cillian climbed out from the tub and started dressing, "Macha, you cannot go into battle half naked."

"Afric would understand." I groaned, pulling myself from the bed and walking around the screen. "I'm doing it."

"Your friendship with Afric is something I try very very hard not to analyze or think about, Cell Bait. "

Flipping open the trunk, I started digging through it, "Good. Your normal little brain would fry under the strain."

"I'm sure. And you need to wear pants."

"Absolutely not."

"Macha.."

"Cillian..." I mocked his warning tone, while pulling one of his tunics free from the chest. "Not to be crude, but you really tenderized all my tender bits so there is no way in hell I'm putting on a tight ass pair of breeches right now."

"Not to be crude." He mocked back, moving closer to dig through the chest himself. "The leather protects our legs in battle. That's why we wear them."

Tugging the long sleeve over my head, I laughed, "What a load of bullshit! That gnome bit right through my breeches leg. TWICE."

"He bit you because you dropkicked his mate."

Pulling the hem down around my thighs, I scoffed, "What I should have done was skewer the little fuckers on my sword."

He laughed, pulling something from the chest, "They surrendered, even after you begged them not to."

"I wanted to bite him back, damnit. What's that?" I asked, nodding to the cloth in his hands.

"Trousers."

Eyeing him, I pointed a finger at his face, "I swear on myself, Cillian. If you come at me with those trousers, I'll kill us both."

Silver brows flew up in the most surprised expression I've ever seen him make, "What?"

"What?"

His lips twitched into a full blown grin, "You'd kill us both? Not just me?"

"I mean, I'd still kill you first."

"That must be your Seelie side because that was incredibly sweet."

"I'm serious, Cillian. I'll gut you like fucking fish. Stop coming closer!" I snapped, backing away from him and the trousers.

He shook his head, moving closer with a mischievous glimmer in his eye,"Put on the fucking pants, Macha. They're not even leather."

"No."

We stilled, sizing each other up before we both moved. Turning, I leaped onto the bed and over to the other side as he lunged for me. Laughing, I grabbed a pillow and whacked it against the side of his head. Knocking the pillow away, Lilly charged over the bed and tackled me around the waist sending us both to the ground. Rolling us as we fell, Lilly took the brunt of the fall but I still grunted at the impact. Fabric was shoved into my chest but before anything could be said, we were interrupted.