Chapter Sixty-One: Do What You Want 101

Glancing over my shoulder, I watched as the zipper rolled to a stop on it's own in the gold gilded mirror. Straps made of silver chain sparkled in the low light connecting the back of my dress that stopped just below my shoulder blades. Turning with a click of my metal heels, I smoothed down the front with a childish grin. The tight black velvet corset hugged my chest enough to give the illusion of cleavage at the same time it clenched my waist. Connected to an equally as tight skirt that hugged my mid thigh before flaring out around my knees. A thin pattern of lace on each side exposed skin all the way up to my hip and matched the lace gloves that stopped above my elbows. It fit perfectly and was exactly what I was hoping for.

Grabbing one of the silver chains hovering patiently beside me, I broke a link to close it again around my hips. Wrinkling my nose at the look, I shrunk the chain until it was snug around my waist. Taking the other chain, I broke it in half and made a loop on each side of my hips. Pulling my hands away, I twisted my hips side to side to look at it as it swished against the tight fabric of the dress. What was it missing? Hmmmm. Inspiration from earlier struck me hard and I held out a hand towards the bed.

A small length of chain that I had twisted both of my swords into appeared in my hand with a small flash of blue light. Jumping a little, I blinked away the shock and the glare of the light. So that's just happening now? Okay, then. Breaking the small blue chain in half, I pressed each half to the silver chain on either side of my hips and closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath and then releasing it, I pictured exactly what I wanted the metal to shape into. When it began to twist and wiggle in my grip, I loosened my hold with a grin as it slipped from my grasp.

Opening my eyes, I gazed at the charms now dangling from my newly designed waist chain. Evenly spaced between the chain links, hung quarter sized metal medallions of my recently thought up crest. Silver lilies hung from the chain framed by little blue flames twisted around the petals of the lilies. They were a beautiful addition to my dress of black velvet and lace paired with silver chains. Lifting my hands, I straightened the blue diamond hanging from my neck and trailed my fingers over the scars littering my chest.

Puckered a light pink, the wounds underneath each of my collarbones weren't quite healed. They broke through my back leaving a pair of identical scars on the other side that cut through the swirling design of my tattoos. Sliding a hand over to my heart, I pressed the lace covered tips of my fingers to the faded wound. The shine of the tattoos almost hid it completely unless you knew exactly what you were looking for. However, the long locks of my blue hair weaved through with braids and silver charms covered the scars on my back from view.

Humming, I slid my gaze to the mirror and stared into the eyes of a God. Royal blue, there was a sharpness that always seemed to linger in her gaze along with the reflective glint. Squinting, I tried to see what they all saw in her but I couldn't see past the blue of her eyes. It could have been my imagination but they almost seemed to glow in a hypnotic way. Head tilting, I stepped closer to the mirror and curled my lips into my signature grin. Very Malachy-esque. I really was the female version of my father, though I'd argue that I was funnier and better looking.

A knock on the door ripped my gaze from the mirror and away from my thoughts, "Come in!"

Turning, I watched the door slowly swing back to reveal the vision in black standing there. Clad in a black long sleeved coat with a high collar and the matching slacks, he was practically edible. Though, plain looking at first glance the elegance was in the details. Dark blue stitching highlighted the coat's design and the large C embroidered over his heart. His twin battle axes, no longer hidden by their silver coating, gave an extra pop of color to his all black attire peeking up from over his shoulders.